• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me pick a new East Coast Sub 80mm-ish Carver

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where would the Blizzard Firebird HRC and the Nordica Dobbermann Spitfire 72 RB fit in this discussion?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Comparative data report on some of the skis mentioned so far.

1637646745147.png

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Except that you can't

if you don't actually know how you make a ski turn. That's always the challenge in retail, right?

"I had this awesome wine last night at a restaurant. It was red and it came in a green bottle with a white label."
Um Yes Sir, did it have a cork or screw top?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Well that certainly validates my impression of the Curv GT as a lot of ski. Very cool app.

Yes, your impression of the Curv GT matches what I have thought since my first run on them. It's a ski that "scared" me at first, but it's a ski that I've grown to love once I was able to dial-in my setup and harness its power.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
What is that app, @Noodler ?

It is a service provided by SoothSki.com that measures critical ski data to populate a database of skis and includes a tool to generate reports from that data. This is the first generation of the tool and the company is promising that they will be providing improved algorithms that will do much of the "heavy lifting" for skiers that may not be entirely familiar with what the raw data may mean for the ski performance and their needs. So expect things like a "stability" rating in the future.

James

Out There
Instructor
It is a service provided by SoothSki.com that measures critical ski data to populate a database of skis and includes a tool to generate reports from that data. This is the first generation of the tool and the company is promising that they will be providing improved algorithms that will do much of the "heavy lifting" for skiers that may not be entirely familiar with what the raw data may mean for the ski performance and their needs. So expect things like a "stability" rating in the future.
They’ve got to do something about those colors. Horrible. Like an Ishihara test.
6BAA2803-6296-4593-A356-DB5BAC65F19B.jpeg

Can you read the number? I can’t.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier

Sponsor