• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me pick a touring ski

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Just took another look at these, they check pretty much all the boxes . . . now the tough part. 100 or 110? for ANZ, Japan . . . feels like 110 would be just fine even in 'Eastern' style conditions, it's "just" 1 cm more, right?
And we're done :D Got the 110s - quiver is complete (for now!) Blister and reviews here sealed the deal.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I do like mine... 183cm Vital 100 camber with ATK FR14.
PXL_20220412_230828948.jpg

Last edited:

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bump - running out of time to procure these before we move 2nd week of July.

Still looking for that perfect all-rounder touring ski to slot between my Enforcer 104 Frees and the custom Praxis powder boards (128mm!!!) - something 110ish +/- that can do most things when it's not deep freshies, variable conditions, blah blah blah. Hybrid-ish, i.e. could do lift & skin laps, or if I had to, a couple long laps skin only, but they don't need to be marathon fifty project capable (the skier is far from that so, ain't happening).

James had a great call on the Pagoda 112 but that might be a bit too much, and I think 94 is too small. Bonus points for on sale from last season.

What would you get and why? Already procured the Shifts to mount, need skis and skins.
I think the vwerks katana is a great ski. Of course good in powder, but also ice and in bad snow conditions.

James

Out There
Instructor
TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
DPS is working with the same company, Checkerspot, and using the sidewall made from algae.

Good to know, I really like that aspect of both, at which point WNDR is beating them on price pretty good - they have a combo deal w/ pre-cut Black Diamond skins, all in on a brand new pair was 875 - not cheap by any means, but combined with a good pair of skins we're still 100's less than a new DPS.