• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help SkiMore find the skis of his childhood (photos included)

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
From Pugski member @SkiMore

"I would love to find a pair of my first skis. Here are a couple of pictures when I was 3 at Bear Valley CA. The one picture shows the ski as Champion. The other picture looks like a different set of skis. Do you recognize those skis? Any information on these sets of skis would be appreciated. I would love to find a pair to buy for nostalgia if you have any thoughts".

63AC29D6-B80B-447D-958C-20C2F21548BE.jpg

AB60F11A-F023-498F-8681-2B875295B4AE.jpeg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Great photo of @SkiMore -- quickly took out a few creases and scratches in Photoshop.

SKIMORE- Bear.jpg

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First, I do not recognize those skis. Second, around the time those skis were on the market I was working in a ski shop in the Denver area. We sold a lot of skis, and ski packages that looked a lot like those in your pictures. Our supplier was A & T Ski Company operated out of Seattle. They bought skis manufactured in Japan and sold them in big batches to shops in the Western US. OU Sports, another Seattle firm did the same. The binding looks like a Salomon Lift cable and toe piece, part of our ski package, and a binding supplied by A & T. The skis had various labels, like Champions, but we never knew the factory, just called them A & T skis. Lots of'em were sold, both adults and kids lengths, and for the times they were good enough skis. So they looked like skis we sold, but most shops had similar skis, and I'd be surprised if any are still around. Maybe sold by interior decorators for $100's of dollars now.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you @Dave Petersen for fixing my photo. That turned our really nice.

@Jack skis thanks for the reply and for the information about how skis were sold and distributed at the time. I found a bit more information online including a ski with the A&T label but the label seemed larger than what I can see in the picture. I will keep looking.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January