• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help with my 2 ski quiver - east coast skier :)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG. You guys. You're splitting hairs over an amout of vertical that is about 1/3 the bunny slope at Snowbird. It's all very short groomer runs on hard snow. Face it.

Dude, Big Emma was the most terrifying run I did all season.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes thats a sweet deal ! How often do you go to Blue Mountain btw ? I'm thinking about ditching my local hill too . I'm curious how you commute that much and make the most out of your season pass . whats your secret?
The secret is to be retired during the winter so you have nothing to do but ski! Easy……haha
Up at 3:30am, on the road at 4:30am, at MSLM at 8am and then ski bell to bell.
Get to sleep in to 4:15am if I go to Blue as it’s only 3 hours away. :rolleyes:

Usually ski at more often at MSLM even though it’s further away as their conditions are usually better and their improved snowmaking allows an earlier start to the season. Usually get at least 20 plus days at MSLM on their 5 by 5 pass.
Usually have 10-20 days at Blue Mountain a year. I head there’s if there’s going to be a big snowfall, when I just ski for one day or hit there on the way home from a trip up north. Used to have the 5 by 7 pass there but switched to the Ikon pass about 3 years ago.
Head out West every year and now hit Ikon resorts for at least a 3-4 week stay.

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
The Faction Prodigy 2.0 would be similar weight and flex but the Prodigy has even better tip shape for passing over crud and much faster bases. ARV bases are built for low maintenance and rail abuse but are super slow.

End of the year Deals too on Prodigy 2.0 or 1.0 if you wanted a narrower version that would still outperform the Revolt in soft snow. Either would be great in moguls if they still had that little section on Sidewinder?
Been a few times to Glen Eden as it’s perfect for beginner friends to learn.

how about the Faction Dictator 1 or 2?

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
The secret is to be retired during the winter so you have nothing to do but ski! Easy……haha
Up at 3:30am, on the road at 4:30am, at MSLM at 8am and then ski bell to bell.
Get to sleep in to 4:15am if I go to Blue as it’s only 3 hours away. :rolleyes:

Usually ski at more often at MSLM even though it’s further away as their conditions are usually better and their improved snowmaking allows an earlier start to the season. Usually get at least 20 plus days at MSLM on their 5 by 5 pass.
Usually have 10-20 days at Blue Mountain a year. I head there’s if there’s going to be a big snowfall, when I just ski for one day or hit there on the way home from a trip up north. Used to have the 5 by 7 pass there but switched to the Ikon pass about 3 years ago.
Head out West every year and now hit Ikon resorts for at least a 3-4 week stay.
nice! i’m gonna look into these passes ! better than having a season pass at Glen Eden :)

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
how about the Faction Dictator 1 or 2?
Those are their more directional, flat tailed all mountain skis. Very similar weight and flex to the prodigy versions but a bit less rocker and no twin tail. Getting more similar to the Declivity line Vs an all mountain freestyle ski like the Prodigy.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is also the North Toronto Ski Club

The Blue Mountain 5x7 is a great value if you get in on the early-bird pricing.
You missed that deadline, and it is now $319 + HST ( our sales tax for you USA folk ).

We will be using our Ikon Passes this season, as we have deferred ours for the last 2 years and want to use it up. We are also booked for a trip to Tremblant in Jan to make use of it. One nice thing to keep in mind on the Ikon Pass, is that they do not charge HST ( 13% ) , which I find odd, but no complaints. So if you back out the HST, the Ikon Pass looks even better for a Canuck.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon is still a sale/service used in Canada.
If I buy a hard good from the USA, or even some computer software with merely a license key, I will/may still get taxed, depending on the seller, or the courier. Regardless, happy that we're not taxed by Ikon. That Tremblant local pass is definitely heavily taxed !

My wife & I are in Tremblant starting Sunday Jan 15th. I'll reach out around then, and may also try to get Mogsie out for some runs. :thumb:

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
They SHOULD BE paying me!!! :golfclap:

I’d be getting them to remake 21 CT versions if I did work there, not these light Mana skis nobody wants……:doh:

The latest Prodigy line is a huge success and a very popular recommendation on Newschoolers and other sites.
I should have pulled the trigger on the 2021 CT 1 when they were $399.99 smh :doh:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I should have pulled the trigger on the 2021 CT 1 when they were $399.99 smh :doh:

That’s where I got a couple of pairs of 21 CT including my “backup” set of CT 1.0 skis that I got for that $399.99 CAN price. Definitely would have been the ski I’d recommend near that width if it was still available for cheap. Such a great ski!!!

The-House.com in the States has stock still but has them still listed at the full $599 US retail price. I’ve bugged them multiple times to adjust the price as they have the newer 22 versions much lower in price. They have 178cm versions so maybe inquire there!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Chuy We have new stock of the incredible 21 CT 1.0 available but for a limited time!
If you see this too late, DM me as I might pick up the 2 pairs of 178cm to take advantage of cheaper shipping as I’m buying a 178cm for a buddy and another set of CT 2.0 for myself.

Price should decrease this morning sometime.

Momosports in Quebec is going to lower their website price 40% on the 21 CT 1.0 to $450 CAN plus shipping tomorrow morning for a limited time as that was the easiest way for me to get a pair for a buddy. There should be a pair of 178cm, a pair of 172cm and a pair of 165cm not spoken for. Sounded like they would leave the prices up for a day or so but not much longer.

link currently with 20% off but that should change by the morning.

Sponsor