• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help with my 2 ski quiver - east coast skier :)

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
Hello my fellow Gear Heads!:)

I'm looking some suggestions for my 2 ski quiver. Its that time of year and there's alot of good deals happening rn! I am 5’9 180 pound advanced skier. I live on the east coast , very small hill 270ft vert smh, so I strictly on piste/groomers. Bc I live on a small hill I get a lot of mixed feedback when it comes to all mountain skis. Some say to get something playful(no metal) since my runs are so short and some say since I'm advanced I should go for a hard charger(metal) which means more laps (less fun but better for carving progression ..stuff like that). I currently have the Revolt 87 which i use mostly for park, but it can carve and hold a edge pretty well so far. All i know is I dont want anything too similar:). I'm considering the following skis as my all mountain/piste ski. Any feedback/review/insight is much appreciated . Thanks!:)

Armada Declivity 82 Ti
Armada Declivity 88c
Kendo 92
Black Crow Vertis
Black Crow Orb
Black Crow Divus
Volkl Revolt 104
Faction CT 1
Nordica Soul Rider 97
Head Kore 87,93,99
Lib Tech Wreckcreate 92
Faction Dictator 2

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
No question about it, depending on your weight Fischer WC SC or FIS SL ski.
Head Magnum or Stockli SC also in the running.
My home hill is about 240' vertical, and I own an old Fischer WC SC, and have skied lots of other skis in that neighborhood (the neighborhood of on-piste short radius carving skis).

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I'm looking some suggestions for my 2nd quiver. Its that time of year and there's alot of good deals happening rn! I live on the east coast , very small hill 270ft vert smh, so I strictly on piste/groomers. Bc I live on a small hill I get a lot of mixed feedback when it comes to all mountain skis. Some say to get something playful(no metal) since my runs are so short and some say since I'm advanced I should go for a hard charger(metal) which means more laps (less fun but better for carving progression ..stuff like that). I currently have the Revolt 87 which i use mostly for park, but it can carve and hold a edge pretty well so far. All i know is I dont want anything too similar:). I'm considering the following skis as my all mountain/piste ski. Any feedback/review/insight is much appreciated . Thanks!:)

Armada Declivity 82 Ti
Armada Declivity 88c
Kendo 92
Black Crow Vertis
Black Crow Orb
Black Crow Divus
Volkl Revolt 104
Faction CT 1
Nordica Soul Rider 97
Head Kore 87,93,99
Lib Tech Wreckcreate 92
Faction Dictator 2
You want a second ski, not a second quiver - i.e. collection of skis - right?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

I'm looking some suggestions for my 2 ski quiver. Its that time of year and there's alot of good deals happening rn! I am 5’9 180 pound advanced skier. I live on the east coast , very small hill 270ft vert smh, so I strictly on piste/groomers. Bc I live on a small hill I get a lot of mixed feedback when it comes to all mountain skis. Some say to get something playful(no metal) since my runs are so short and some say since I'm advanced I should go for a hard charger(metal) which means more laps (less fun but better for carving progression ..stuff like that). I currently have the Revolt 87 which i use mostly for park, but it can carve and hold a edge pretty well so far. All i know is I dont want anything too similar:). I'm considering the following skis as my all mountain/piste ski. Any feedback/review/insight is much appreciated . Thanks!:)

Armada Declivity 82 Ti
Armada Declivity 88c
Kendo 92
Black Crow Vertis
Black Crow Orb
Black Crow Divus
Volkl Revolt 104
Faction CT 1
Nordica Soul Rider 97
Head Kore 87,93,99
Lib Tech Wreckcreate 92
Faction Dictator 2
Many of the skis on your list are wider than your 87, have you already made a decision for a soft snow ski? Because in the east a front side carving ski would be first choice for skiing on east coast ice. Do you plan to travel out west to use these skis? Just trying to filter out some of the needs for this second set of skis.

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
No question about it, depending on your weight Fischer WC SC or FIS SL ski.
Head Magnum or Stockli SC also in the running.
My home hill is about 240' vertical, and I own an old Fischer WC SC, and have skied lots of other skis in that neighborhood (the neighborhood of on-piste short radius carving skis).
what length would you recommend? i’m new to carving skis. i’m 5’9 180. is 170 cm about right size?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
what length would you recommend? i’m new to carving skis. i’m 5’9 180. is 170 cm about right size?
Yes, 170 would be my recommendation.

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
Many of the skis on your list are wider than your 87, have you already made a decision for a soft snow ski? Because in the east a front side carving ski would be first choice for skiing on east coast ice. Do you plan to travel out west to use these skis? Just trying to filter out some of the needs for this second set of skis.
Only ski east coast groomers/on piste.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Sounds like Ontario skiing. Tuned down race skis as already mentioned. My daily driver is the Rossi Hero ST Ti. Then I added the Nordica SA 88's for east coast powder days or a trip out west.

Take a look at what most senior ski instructors are on. Rossi Hero's, Head Supershape, Atomic Redsters, all not quite race skis...aka performance skis.

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
Sounds like Ontario skiing. Tuned down race skis as already mentioned. My daily driver is the Rossi Hero ST Ti. Then I added the Nordica SA 88's for east coast powder days or a trip out west.

Take a look at what most senior ski instructors are on. Rossi Hero's, Head Supershape, Atomic Redsters, all not quite race skis...aka performance skis.

yes i’m in Southwest Ontario :)

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Bc I live on a small hill I get a lot of mixed feedback when it comes to all mountain skis. Some say to get something playful(no metal) since my runs are so short and some say since I'm advanced I should go for a hard charger(metal) which means more laps (less fun but better for carving progression ..stuff like that).
Apart from the conditions and the hill, do people also ask what kind of skiing you want to do with these skis? My question would be: what kind of skiing do you want to do? Technical carving? Long turns? Short turns? Learn to carve like a pro? just ski with the kids?

I am not sure how anyone could suggest a specific ski without getting some more info on your skiing style and preferences...

TS
C

Chuy

Booting up
Skier
Apart from the conditions and the hill, do people also ask what kind of skiing you want to do with these skis? My question would be: what kind of skiing do you want to do? Technical carving? Long turns? Short turns? Learn to carve like a pro? just ski with the kids?

I am not sure how anyone could suggest a specific ski without getting some more info on your skiing style and preferences...
I want to be able to carve like Tony S :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January