• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hertel Wax continues

WAXMAN

Booting up
Skier
This is Terry Hertel, and I am now 80 years of age. Thank all of you for your kind comments. I am produce to have contributed to more fun in your life. I skied fourteen days this year testing the new Liquid (Glass) and wax made from fruit. Our wax is ECO. I thought for fun. I would jump on the bandwagon since many have attempted to put me out. LOL, that happens when you are famous and have something that works better than anything else. For the most part, we have eliminated fluorocarbon. FYI, I never used the PTFE powder they did. It cost me $15,000.00 to prove our FC 739 is and was not part of the bad stuff. But while we are on the subject, I ask all of your to go to Google and simply type in fluorocarbon. This is why the EPA shelved the case. The company is indeed for sale. I must say it is more difficult selling a company than starting one. We are undervaluation at present by Charles Schwab. We should know the actual value soon. We did have a few friendly people try to steel the company for 300K. Hertel is not only skiing and snowboard wax. It is composed of SPA wax and Para wax also.
I am glad to answer your questions. I sure hope a valued person picks up Hertel. If not, the industry will take a step back in time...like the1970s waxes.

Attachments

• Hertel Logo Color 2b.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 41

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Welcome Terry. I'm not trying to throw shade but just a bit of perspective from my professional life. Not all potential purchasers are trying to "steal" but anyone who has a chance of making a go of it will want to do what they can to de-risk it. So that means valuations are not necessarily set in stone but a starting point for negotiation and purchasers will want to build in worst case on forecasts etc. It's probably important you ask yourself what value you get from seeing your legacy continue in the hands of someone competent/passionate vs pure cash.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is Terry Hertel, and I am now 80 years of age. Thank all of you for your kind comments. I am produce to have contributed to more fun in your life. I skied fourteen days this year testing the new Liquid (Glass) and wax made from fruit. Our wax is ECO. I thought for fun. I would jump on the bandwagon since many have attempted to put me out. LOL, that happens when you are famous and have something that works better than anything else. For the most part, we have eliminated fluorocarbon. FYI, I never used the PTFE powder they did. It cost me $15,000.00 to prove our FC 739 is and was not part of the bad stuff. But while we are on the subject, I ask all of your to go to Google and simply type in fluorocarbon. This is why the EPA shelved the case. The company is indeed for sale. I must say it is more difficult selling a company than starting one. We are undervaluation at present by Charles Schwab. We should know the actual value soon. We did have a few friendly people try to steel the company for 300K. Hertel is not only skiing and snowboard wax. It is composed of SPA wax and Para wax also.
I am glad to answer your questions. I sure hope a valued person picks up Hertel. If not, the industry will take a step back in time...like the1970s waxes.
Hi Terry

You won't remember but a long time ago we met at SIA in Vegas and discussed the UK market. I was young and it was great to meet the person who was [and will always be] Mr Ski Wax.

I hope that you get several large wheelbarrows full of cash selling to someone who shares your passion and that you enjoy working through it in a very long and happy retirement :)

TS
W

WAXMAN

Booting up
Skier
Thank you. I sure want to do it right. I wanted to let everyone know something. In 1989 a company out of Norway attempted to put Hertel out of business by forcing every dealer to drop Hertel. You may remember my absence. I put the company on hold from 1989 until 2012 when Amazon allowed the Hertel comeback. Ever since then I have run it part time. Oh, What did I do from 89 until 2012? I started the first online retail business selling Rollerblades. We did well. In 2012 I resurrected SUPER HOTSAUCE® selling 20000 bricks at first. Competition came along and that got reduce to 10000. Since then we have over 215000 customers on Amazon. That is the good part about Amazon. The bad, they take 50 percent.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hi Terry

You won't remember but a long time ago we met at SIA in Vegas and discussed the UK market. I was young and it was great to meet the person who was [and will always be] Mr Ski Wax.

I hope that you get several large wheelbarrows full of cash selling to someone who shares your passion and that you enjoy working through it in a very long and happy retirement :)

I remember Hertel ski wax from my youth !

Welcome to SkiTalk more than Forty years later ! !

Good luck finding a buyer for your Company !
I imagine the wax business is ultra-competitive !

Good luck !

respectfully. skiJ

Desertdawg

Booting up
Skier
Hertel sponsored my brother in law in the 80's. When he retired he moved out of snow country and gave me his leftover bricks. I used them for years. Once they ran out I was happy to find it on Amazon. I buy a couple of bricks every year. Last year I read Hertel was going out of business. I was in a panic!! What wax was I going to use? Fortunately I saw Amazon still carried it. Hopefully it will be around for many more years.

TS
W

WAXMAN

Booting up
Skier
SpringSolution® stands as one of my remarkable accomplishments in the ski and snowboard industry. In the realm of Hertel waxes, we utilize wax as a medium to effectively transfer essential ingredients to the base of skis or snowboards. These exclusive ingredients are what sets us apart from our competitors who rely on outdated wax mixtures designed for typical winter conditions. None of them can rival the unparalleled performance of our HotSauce line.

My initial breakthrough came with the invention of Super HotSauce, the world's first all-temperature wax. During the process of creating SpringSolution, I serendipitously stumbled upon Racing FC 739 and WhiteGold. Intrigued, I collected copious amounts of snow and sent them to a laboratory for analysis. The results astoundingly revealed that these substances were none other than tree pollen. Spring brings about the arrival of pollen, which nature disperses across the mountain throughout the day. Unfortunately, our groomers inadvertently churn these pollens deeper into the snow.

Traditionally, spring skiing tends to cease around noon due to the stickiness caused by the pollen when the sun warms things up. Skiers experience an undesirable phenomenon known as the "JERKS." However, with the introduction of SpringSolution, the pollens undergo a transformation into a slick wax-like substance. It turns out that pollen itself possesses wax-like properties. This innovative solution enables users to effortlessly glide down the mountain, resulting in a significantly more enjoyable experience.

With SpringSolution, skiing in the spring becomes an absolute delight as the once problematic pollens are converted into a beneficial component that enhances performance on the slopes.

TS
W

WAXMAN

Booting up
Skier
I remember Hertel ski wax from my youth !

Welcome to SkiTalk more than Forty years later ! !

Good luck finding a buyer for your Company !
I imagine the wax business is ultra-competitive !

Good luck !

respectfully. skiJ
WAXFAX: To my incredible friends and valued customers,
I am thrilled to share some exciting news with all of you! After extensive research and testing, we have successfully demonstrated that our revolutionary product, Super HotSauce wax, has a remarkable ability to reduce fatigue, enabling you to enjoy longer days on the snow. It's time to elevate your snowboarding or skiing experience with just oneCoat™ of this incredible wax treatment !
We understand that fatigue can sometimes limit the amount of fun you have on the slopes. That's why we have worked tirelessly to develop a game-changing formula that not only enhances your ride but also helps you push your limits. Super HotSauce wax treatment is designed to provide an extra boost of energy and endurance, allowing you to conquer the slopes with ease and have an absolute blast throughout the day.
Our dedicated team of experts has carefully crafted this revolutionary wax treatment, ensuring it offers the ultimate performance and durability. By reducing friction and optimizing your equipment's glide, Super HotSauce maximizes your efficiency on the snow. You'll notice an incredible difference in your energy levels and overall endurance, enabling you to shred the slopes like never before.
Gone are the days of feeling exhausted or cutting your day short due to fatigue. With just oneCoat™ of Super HotSauce, you can unlock a whole new level of fun and adventure. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner hitting the slopes for the first time, our wax treatment will revolutionize your snow sports experience.
So, my dear friends and cherished customers, it's time to embrace the exhilaration and make the most of your snow-filled days. Trust Super HotSauce to take your ride to new heights, extend your time on the snow, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Get ready to have a blast and experience the joy of snow sports like never before. Remember, all it takes is oneCoat™of Super HotSauce wax to amplify your fun and keep the good times rolling.
Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you out there, enjoying the slopes with a smile on your face!
Best regards,
Terry Jouet Hertel
We are in the process of the 2023/2024 production. Still here. LOL

TS
W

WAXMAN

Booting up
Skier
Welcome Terry. I'm not trying to throw shade but just a bit of perspective from my professional life. Not all potential purchasers are trying to "steal" but anyone who has a chance of making a go of it will want to do what they can to de-risk it. So that means valuations are not necessarily set in stone but a starting point for negotiation and purchasers will want to build in worst case on forecasts etc. It's probably important you ask yourself what value you get from seeing your legacy continue in the hands of someone competent/passionate vs pure cash.
The big issue is what I am getting for what I created. The hell with legacy, it will be a lot of brain crashing stress transferring 51 years of 24/7 to anyone.