• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hey Guy in Shorts, spring skiing right around the corner!

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I can't even imagine skiing in short sleeves much less like that. Spring snow in the NE can be like sandpaper so any fall at speed can produce some low grade "road rash".
Cold ice ripping skin has an instant healing effect. Falling in the soft spring corn is the way to go if you must fall. The risk of falling adds to the thrill. Cold snow sprayed across bare skin lets you know you are alive.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
[QUOTE="Guy in Shorts, post: 589310, member: 755"Cold snow sprayed across bare skin lets you know you are alive.
[/QUOTE]
I have to agree, but usually it's on my face. Can't remember skiing in shorts (but there are a lot of things I can't remember nowadays) I do remember skiing in a tee-shirt but I was probably 24 or 25 at the time. I think I came down with bronchitis a few days later. Pretty sure some adult beverages were involved in skiing in the tee-shirt.

Reactions: Tex

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Saw a guy yesterday who looked and was dressed like Rambo in jungle attire. No helmet of course, I have to admit he carried it off pretty well until I saw him go down the mountain. He skied like shit!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Saw a guy yesterday who looked and was dressed like Rambo in jungle attire. No helmet of course, I have to admit he carried it off pretty well until I saw him go down the mountain. He skied like shit!
That is one thing that has to follow, if you are going to dress tuff you better be tuff. I remember one of many customers that wanted to buy the fancy designer ski outfit and the basis package ski, and this one said he would rather look better in the bar than on the slope. But sometimes I would just write up the sale and move on to the next customer.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That is one thing that has to follow, if you are going to dress tuff you better be tuff. I remember one of many customers that wanted to buy the fancy designer ski outfit and the basis package ski, and this one said he would rather look better in the bar than on the slope. But sometimes I would just write up the sale and move on to the next customer.
Back in the day it was gapers in Carhardts and snowmobile suits. I guess now it's hunting camis and tactical vests/pants LOL..

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's always the trick but spring bumps bring out the extra aggression so a crash almost much inevitable. YMMV.
Shorts are not for the "extra aggression" types, but the "chill and the thrill" types.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It was actually "blustery" down in Kakalaki today. Snow was perfect though. Never got soft. Probably about 30 at the summit, maybe a little warmer but the 15-20 mph north wind kept things crisp. It was around 40 down in town.. 50s past the foothills.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty cool my daughter got so fresh tracks in on our Winter Park trip. I darted off the run and into the trees for some fresh tracks when I hear behind me "Right behind you Dad!" I was like OMG, I could not believe it, I immediately pointed to glade I was gonna hit with my pole "Hit that!" which she did. Looks like they got another 8 inches and more to come, I plan to get make it out there again end of month. Bonus pics below of our trip, we stayed at the Ski in/Ski out Iron Horse...

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5924.JPG