• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

hi all..

njred

Putting on skis
Skier
I am skier who moved to the Reno/Tahoe area from New England about a year ago. I started skiing later in my life when I was in grad. school. Never had an opportunity until then but always loved playing in the snow. First time skiing was in 2010 in Tremblant and for the next 5 years, I skied only sporadically. It wasn't until 2015, that I started averaging more than 30 days a season (a mixture of New England, Tahoe and during Christmas time France) since I was living in New England then and traveled often to California for business during the winter. I actually stumbled upon this forum by random chance. I was googling for some info on Stöckli and found the never ending Stöckli thread. I had a chance at some free Stöckli ((for Chase Sapphire holders) demos at Steamboat in late March of this season. Skied the SR95 as well as the SR88 and found them to be extremely versatile skis that worked well in steep trees, bumps, corduroy,.., variable off groomer conditions.. especially the SR95. It felt like night and day compared to both my Volkl mantra 102 and my older Nordia enforcer 93. More stable than the enforcer 93 at high speed on groomers, better damping than both the enforcer and the mantra in icy chunder conditions, and much easier & enjoyable to turn in steep tight trees and bumps than the Mantra. I enjoyed the Stöckliis so much that after I returned from Colorado, I got a SR 102 from Start Haus in truckee (the SR 95 was already sold out).

My own knowledge about skiing is rather piecemeal, fragmented and amateurish, since a) i started late in my life, b) I really learned on my own and never had any official or proper lessons or training! But I hope i can contribute to the discussions on here.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are a few of us here in Reno/Tahoe. If you are mountain biking or golfing over the summer, reach out.

Sponsor

Staff online