• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi from sunny SoCal

b2point0h

Booting up
Skier
Hey all, fairly new skiier here from southern California. Mountain High & Snow Summit are my go-to closest mountains with the occasional Mammoth trip.

FIrst full season was last year, and already doing Mt. High blacks, with some blue diamonds at Mammoth. My wife started the same time as me, but still working on her basic skills.

Hoping for some good conditions this year! Cheers all!

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Welcome!

I skied MH last season and will do again this season (god willing...), it's an easy drive for me from SD and reasonably priced for me and my youngest. Last season was my first full season after 40+ years, so I took it easy but look to progress this season and then buy Ikon next season for SS, Mammoth and beyond.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Welcome to the board @b2point0h, I am out at SS and Bear most weekdays, give us a heads up when you visit and we can take some laps!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome! There are a few of us on the boards. There's a regional thread too, if you haven't found it yet. southern ca meetups

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
If I were to rate each LOCAL resort:
Snow Summit: A
Mtn High with East: A-
Bear Mtn: B+
Mtn High w/o East: B
Baldy: B (rarely open)
Snow Valley with Slide Peak: B-
Snow Valley w/o Slide Peak: C

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! I'm also in San Diego (Carlsbad area).....always looking for folks to ski with. My kids and wife will do some missions and I'll do some solo missions as well.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If I were to rate each LOCAL resort:
Snow Summit: A
Mtn High with East: A-
Bear Mtn: B+
Mtn High w/o East: B
Baldy: B (rarely open)
Snow Valley with Slide Peak: B-
Snow Valley w/o Slide Peak: C
Thx, Larry...super helpful to me as well as I just moved to SoCal from DC this summer. I ski the Rockies a lot but not much in CA...this will help inform my local ski days.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thx, Larry...super helpful to me as well as I just moved to SoCal from DC this summer. I ski the Rockies a lot but not much in CA...this will help inform my local ski days.
Remember, this is only LOCAL so it doesnt compare to Mammoth or Tahoe but for a 1 day ski n and out it's not too bad.

I live in the IE so it doesn't take me too long to get up there in the morning

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Remember, this is only LOCAL so it doesnt compare to Mammoth or Tahoe but for a 1 day ski n and out it's not too bad.

I live in the IE so it doesn't take me too long to get up there in the morning
yes...totally understood...thx. I'm thinking quick day missions with the kids. We'll do longer stretches in Mammoth and up in UT.

Sponsor