• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hirscher and Atomic to "go separate ways....."

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Check his Instagram account. @Marcel_Hirscher. Made the announcement yesterday afternoon.
20 year relationship.

His last line: "Stay tuned, there is more to come."

Hmmm. Guess we'll see. I would have guessed that he'd be with them "forever." Perhaps they can't afford him?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Would not be too surprised to see him the owner/part owner of his own ski brand. He should have all of the the needed components.

He could be about anything he wants in the ski world.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
44D07B7E-13C2-49DC-B7A0-655A1102E17C.jpeg

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
We'll see.
I would draw ZERO comparisons to Bode, and Bode's various ski, business and ambassador endeavors. Two VERY different men, in very different parts of the world, with very different followings. Hirscher is known to all Austrians, is viewed as their best male athlete over at least the past decade and is much beloved.

Whatever his new ski relationship/partnership is, I would be shocked if we saw a Bomber, Crosson{Bomber 2.0} or even an Augment type thing. Unless he is part of an investment group to buy Augment and fuel it with more cash. They are an Austrian company. I can't see whatever he is doing being based outside of Austria.

He clearly has a ski related announcement coming. Eliasch brought Klammer to Head as an ambassador. Maybe he would like Hirscher in his stable? Perhaps it's a RedBull driven thing? RedBull is Austria based, and very, very global and growing.

Curious, for sure.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Actually @Muleski from what I have heard it's pretty close to exactly that Bode's "various ski, business and ambassador endeavors" :) We will see how much of this is true, but rumors are, there's Hirscher's clothing line coming out in near future, and they will most likely sell skis under that mark. But as I wrote, those are rumors only, so it might not be anything real in this, but parting with Atomic is pretty sure not because he would go to lets say Head.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Actually @Muleski from what I have heard it's pretty close to exactly that Bode's "various ski, business and ambassador endeavors" :) We will see how much of this is true, but rumors are, there's Hirscher's clothing line coming out in near future, and they will most likely sell skis under that mark. But as I wrote, those are rumors only, so it might not be anything real in this, but parting with Atomic is pretty sure not because he would go to lets say Head.

@Primoz, there is a saying in the USA, "The Devil is in the Details." I don't think that regardless of what Hirscher gets involved in, and how he uses his name and his "brand" that it will be all that much like Bode, as they are very different people. I absolutely can see Hirscher using his name to create a brand of a range of ski and other clothing and equipment. And contracting with any number of people to do the private label manufacturing. Bode seems fixated on being not only a financial genius, but also a self taught designer of not just skis.....but in the case of his Aztech clothing line, a clothing designer. I may have this ALL wrong and perhaps Hirscher will be doing the same thing.

The Head comment is actually a bit of a joke. I was pretty shocked when I saw Klammer first skiing in white boots and on i.speed's. A mutual friend said "Klammer likes his money, and Eliasch likes to buy all sorts of things and people. Good relationship." I can't really see that one with Hirscher.

Has to be some real upside for MH if he did give up his Atomic relationship, as I'm guessing that even in retirement he was quite well paid.

We'll see!

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It seems odd to step away from a great relationship like Atomic...unless it is a very lucrative one with a significant ownership percentage. Like the old saying, how do you make a small fortune in the ski industry...start with a large one.

James

Out There
Instructor
Anyone know about how Kjus got started with the brand? That has seemed to work out. So now maybe a Hirscher brand?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One thing can be for sure, any of the race skis will have a Marker Piston Plate and Comp 16.0 or 20.0 bindings ;)

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
MH and Nordica could be interesting.
So many possibilities.

BTW, my Nordica comment is related to MH and his boots. The Dobermann can be poured in any color, and cosmetics easy to change. Ahhh…not that he has “much” direct experience w

Anyone know about how Kjus got started with the brand? That has seemed to work out. So now maybe a Hirscher brand?

Yep. Read this:

Lasse worked his ASS off and basically funded it all himself. Took ALL of the initial risk, reaped the rewards. Worked like a dog. Not contrasting that with anybody else…..much.

One thing can be for sure, any of the race skis will have a Marker Piston Plate and Comp 16.0 or 20.0 bindings ;)

Now I presume we know that all of Hirscher’s skis actually were mounted with EPS 30.0’s. Just saying. But I think he’s settled into the basic Atomic line, post career.

This could go a LOT of ways. I think Blizzard is a possibility to be a partner. He’s been very close to them for a LONG time. And…..the Austrian thing. Lotsa Austrian possibilities.

Fascinating to ponder.

Sponsor

Staff online