• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

History of National Gatherings

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Set the dates for the Taos Gathering soon, too. Same reasoning.
Feb. 3 - 10. Done. (As far as I'm concerned at least... we hashed that out pretty good this past year, and I don't see it changing. People liked the later week, it got Kachina open this year, I don't think we need to debate it again.)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Feb. 3 - 10. Done. (As far as I'm concerned at least... we hashed that out pretty good this past year, and I don't see it changing. People liked the later week, it got Kachina open this year, I don't think we need to debate it again.)
Flights and rooms now booked! Not really, but thanks for setting those dates!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn't those who had Epic use them then. I had the edge card myself as a Canuck.

The Epic pass was good for 5 days at W/B that year. Similar to the W/B, which was good for 5 days at any Vail resort.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have ways. :ogbiggrin:

Sounds like you guys like the planning and booking lodging more than the skiing.
Instead of thinking about next season. Book something for THIS season. Grab your skis and go skiing somewhere THIS season. THIS ski season ain't over yet.
The problem is most of us have jobs, :rolleyes:and limited time off, and have to spend some time with non-skiing family members. So we have used our allotment of vacation for this year.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The problem is most of us have jobs, :rolleyes:and limited time off, and have to spend some time with non-skiing family members. So we have used our allotment of vacation for this year.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. There will always be an excuse. :ogbiggrin:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have ways. :ogbiggrin:

Sounds like you guys like the planning and booking lodging more than the skiing.
Instead of thinking about next season. Book something for THIS season. Grab your skis and go skiing somewhere THIS season. THIS ski season ain't over yet.

Still one last week at snowbasin. And we have 8 days between Brighton and Snowbird to make use of between now and june. Also solitude. Then we can think about our summer vacation.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping because I looked up these dates for another thread, so thought I'd post them here... I had forgotten that my first Gathering in Aspen was in early February, before the time frame shifted to be more consistent. (It was also Tuesday to Tuesday, rather than Saturday to Saturday for some reason.) Were earlier Gatherings at any consistent time/week?

2016, Aspen - Feb 2 - Feb 9
2017, Whistler - Mar 4 - Mar 11
2018, Utah - Mar 3 - Mar 10
2019, Big Sky - Feb 23 - Mar 2
2020, Jackson - Feb 22 - Feb 29
2021, Aspen - Feb 27 - Mar 6 (no Gathering, but I went anyway)
2022, Aspen - Feb 26 - Mar 5
2023, Utah - Feb 25 - Mar 4
2024, Tahoe - Mar 2 - Mar 9

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I had forgotten that my first Gathering in Aspen was in early February, before the time frame shifted to be more consistent. (It was also Tuesday to Tuesday, rather than Saturday to Saturday for some reason.) Were earlier Gatherings at any consistent time/week?

Good question about why we did Tuesday to Tuesday. I remember I was not thrilled about it because as someone with a regular job it didn't allow me to parlay two weekends into a more extended trip with the same number of PTO days.

@mdf was the gathermeister. Maybe he remembers.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Might have been because air travel is generally cheaper on those days.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bumping because I looked up these dates for another thread, so thought I'd post them here... I had forgotten that my first Gathering in Aspen was in early February, before the time frame shifted to be more consistent. (It was also Tuesday to Tuesday, rather than Saturday to Saturday for some reason.) Were earlier Gatherings at any consistent time/week?

2017, Whistler - Mar 4 - Mar 11
2018, Utah - Mar 3 - Mar 10
2019, Big Sky - Feb 23 - Mar 2
2020, Jackson - Feb 22 - Feb 29
2021, Aspen - Feb 27 - Mar 6 (no Gathering, but I went anyway)
2022, Aspen - Feb 26 - Mar 5
2023, Utah - Feb 25 - Mar 4
2024, Tahoe - Mar 2 - Mar 9
Is that officially unofficial For next year??

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know, just figured an early summer vacation was more saleable than a late winter vacation.

I used to have to try to keep my programs from scheduling big customer meetings in February.
I would do my meetings at 9am EST from the condo, wrap em up quick, wake up Kevin and hit the chair…. I’d do all my follow up after coming down for the day. Many times I did it on my phone from the base bar. I’ve only taken my vacation time in the winter since I started skiing again.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Probably doesn't apply to some of the people here. But many people only do one fly-away trip each year for financial reason too.

So it's only natural to talk about "next year's trip" at the end of this year's trip.