• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hockey 2022-2023

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Got my kid a new Canes Home Black Aho sweater for his birthday last week. He's STOKED!!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
4E815235-C0BF-480A-AD33-CEB485F198D0.jpeg

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Have you seen the Minnesota Wilds new commercial..."Moose". So good.

@scott43 - only waiting till Christmas...

And if CBC or whatever, doesn't show the 48th Highliners playing "The Maple Leaf Forever", it's their fault!! Don Cherry would never let them NOT!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
There's a lot of chatter about this being the make or break year. Toronto fans are brutal. They'll force the GM and coach out. Honestly they did well last year, came within a period of eliminating the Cup finalists. But that's never good enough here. And quite frankly they need to play with some grit and determination. So if they have many more pond hockey games like last night, someone will be walking the plank I think...

Last edited:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Exactly. Matt Murray looked junk. Samsonov the man? Backups. I mean, never say never but an inauspicious beginning against not a great team..
Dunno that I believe in either of them, tbh ... SV % for both around .900? Doesn't seem like a super winning formula.

I think Samsonov has a higher ceiling, but ....

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Dunno that I believe in either of them, tbh ... SV % for both around .900? Doesn't seem like a super winning formula.

I think Samsonov has a higher ceiling, but ....
Two backups, one a reclamation project from the GMs former system, hoping to go all the way? I mean, everyone has a salary cap but the goalie needs to be a big part of that... I don't see it right now...

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
With the Leafs goaltending situation, I'm shocked at the number of so-called experts that have them so high in their Power Rankings.

Also, I'm surprised the vast majority of the same experts that have my beloved Sabres placing lower than the 24th in the league they placed last year despite many obvious improvements (Power, Quinn, Comrie, Peterka, Lyubushkin, etc). This, along with another year for their young core to get one year better (Thompson, Dahlin, Cozens, Samuelson, Mittelstadt, Jokiharju, Krebs, Asplund). I'm not saying playoffs are a guarantee, but they most certainly will win more games this year than last.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
If the owners don't muck too much. At least they have some stability for now with Donny Granato.. good coach and human being.

Keith H

Booting up
Skier
With the Leafs goaltending situation, I'm shocked at the number of so-called experts that have them so high in their Power Rankings.

Also, I'm surprised the vast majority of the same experts that have my beloved Sabres placing lower than the 24th in the league they placed last year despite many obvious improvements (Power, Quinn, Comrie, Peterka, Lyubushkin, etc). This, along with another year for their young core to get one year better (Thompson, Dahlin, Cozens, Samuelson, Mittelstadt, Jokiharju, Krebs, Asplund). I'm not saying playoffs are a guarantee, but they most certainly will win more games this year than last.
I'm looking forward to seeing the growth of all those young guys on the Sabres now. Have a heck of a lot of respect for Okposo and Girgensons. If they can get a stage goaltending, they'll be a fun watch this year

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
And so it begins again... My 50th year watching Hockey Night In Canada. My 50th year of not watching the Leafs hoist the Cup .. :ogbiggrin:
I watched the 67 win but as Canada is continually subjected to Hockey Night in Canada's focus on the Leafs it has made their futility seem even longer .
I alway view the annual exit of the Leafs as a welcome relief from the Toronto based cheer leading, and secondly the first sign of spring.

I feel your pain. Vancouver is 0-3 in the finals.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Matt Murray has groin discomfort and the Toronto media has collectively just shit their brains out... Man what a place.. :rolleyes:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bump. Plan to catch a Hurricanes game over the holiday break. We're looking pretty good so far..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Legend Börje Salming left us. He stood up until his final moment.

View attachment 184047
I can't tell you how great he was here in Toronto. I watched him as a kid and didn't really appreciate how great he was. He has the highest VO2 max recorded ever by a Maple Leaf, 71. Same age he passed at. Thank you Sweden, and the Sami people, for lending him to us and showing how great the hockey in Sweden is. Paved the way for so many great players. There is no heart emoji so let's go with :beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January