• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Home boot dryer

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Thanks for the responses everyone. I’ve been offline for a couple of days (no cell service or internet in Yellowstone :) ), but have had a chance to check out all of the responses.

To answer a couple of questions:

My new place is a condo at the base area of a southern VT mountain. We have a locker where we’ll leave skis and poles, so just need to sort out boots for our family and guests.

We’re planning to put a bench outside of the door in the common hallway for people to change into and out of their boots (a lot of other apartment owners in the building seem to do this) and I’m looking for a set up where they can leave their boots just inside the entry way to the apartment (the entry way is next to the kitchen). I’ve included a photo here to give a better idea.

View attachment 140169
You can see a tray on the right side of the photo where the current owner presumably stores boots. There’s an outlet not to far from that just out of picture.

That seems to me to be the right spot to keep boots to make sure the condo doesn’t get messed up from wet boots sitting in bedrooms etc, and it seems like there’s plenty of room there so that people won’t be impeded getting too or from the door.

I’d like whatever solution we go for to look at least a little presentable and neat, while understanding at the same time that it’s a boot drying area - I’m also mot expecting it to look like a piece of high end furniture or fine art.
Nice

AdkBill

Booting up
Skier
A ski buddy engineer friend has exactly what you’re looking for: a family of dryers that look good, efficiently use vert wall space and work well. His tag line is “when home is more than a locker room” and they are pretty sweet.
They are expensive but he can’t keep up with sales. Check ‘em out in case you win the lottery: www.puelchebootdryer.com

Attachments

• 9FBA7CBB-0273-40A0-94B9-2C698D84BA30.jpeg
    9FBA7CBB-0273-40A0-94B9-2C698D84BA30.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 8

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
hey all! looking for a permanent boot dryer for a lake tahoe ski house. seems like four main options. bumping this thread for more feedback. does anyone have experience with any of these? especially comparative experiences if you've used two of them?
  1. Williams Direct Dryers
  2. Alpine Dryers Pro
  3. GearDryer
  4. Puelche
  5. Cyclone
Here is a Williams IN Truckee

pjcodner

Booting up
Skier
I am going to be making my own out of 4" pvc pipe, a 115v desk fan and some 1" corrugated tubing. Should be able to dry our boots and gloves with it overnight hopefully. We have season passes this year to a ski hill here in Minneapolis (Buck Hill) that is about 10 min from our house. We plan on going multiple days in a row so we need our gear dry. I will post up some pictures when I am done if it turns out good that is. ;)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
An aquarium pump is the perfect solution for one pair of boots, but it gets spendy when you scale up to 8 or 10 pairs.

In the "as silent as possible" category, anyone used an Eco Air 1? I'm seeing them on sale for far less than $50. One of those is shown with a 6 way manifold split for three pairs simultaneously:

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online