• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
more worried about hanging from tips, and storing with 100% comrpression underfoot.

notice I just have the skis connected with straps at rockerpoint and where bases meet. underfoot and at bindings/Brakes they are apart and keep their camber

you must have to few skis if you can store them separate :D :D

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A little off topic here but I thought I read someplace you should not store skis sandwiched together at the binding like this. Has any of you noticed any I’ll effects on the ski camber or brakes due to storage?

we used to store them upside down in between the floor joists when I was younger. Just screw a few 1x1s in and it worked great
Finally, someone to join me and rest of Team Horizontal / Team Shelf Bracket

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
There are fewer perfect ski storage systems than perfect people.
Do you really want your skis to last forever? The ski companies don't.
Hang them off the wall. Get them off the floor to save that space for other important things, like more toys.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
more worried about hanging from tips, and storing with 100% comrpression underfoot.

notice I just have the skis connected with straps at rockerpoint and where bases meet. underfoot and at bindings/Brakes they are apart and keep their camber

Soon. Soon the kids will be gone and I can grow my legions.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
fixing the downstairs storage! its a bit of a mess, partial pic of the before mess, only the inner stuff

the unit for clicking in, 10x 90mm mounts, but removing 2 of the ends I could put 2 of the 110 larger units ont he end, and it fit perfect!

2022-01-29 14.17.30.jpg

2022-01-29 18.30.49.jpg

2022-01-29 18.48.45.jpg

Guess how many pairs?

2022-01-29 18.57.55.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
fixing the downstairs storage! its a bit of a mess, partial pic of the before mess, only the inner stuff

the unit for clicking in, 10x 90mm mounts, but removing 2 of the ends I could put 2 of the 110
F9F37FBC-D483-4259-98AA-922DFEB7BE6C.jpeg

Those Volkls will teach you not to stare at your skis. What are they?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I used to have space out back to hang them all together. New master bedroom went in to that space awhile ago. So now most of the active quiver skis less than 185cms go in the kitchen tucked away behind this corner cabinet.
1643502687376.png

6 pairs usually back there but right now one pair is in the ski box..
1643502891317.png

1643502957589.png

Got some cool retro gear, mostly skiable in the corner of the living room.

1643503045233.png

192 cm midfats and powder boards in the back of a bedroom closet. Kinda hard to get to those but they don't see much action so no big deal to keep them hidden away back there..

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier

I have this in a 1500mm aka 1,5 meter version https://qbl-systems.com/en/products/wall-cliq-holder with 10 pairs

and this in a 600mm aka 60cm version https://qbl-systems.com/en/products/wall-ski-level with 3 rows (3 pairs each row)
Cannot find the prices on the site, need to write to them asking? Or is there a site where those can be purchased?
View attachment 157492
2021 MY Revolt 104, methinks

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 157492
Revolt 104 yes, 21/22, with jester 18's
Cannot find the prices on the site, need to write to them asking? Or is there a site where those can be purchased?

2021 MY Revolt 104, methinks
I just went on the "find dealer" and it turned out my local dealer was less than a 10 minute drive away! kinda funny, been looking for years

Prices were very good imho, and better than expected

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

I noticed some rust on edges from the straps on a pair of skis stored a long time. I put it down to the straps keeping moisture next to the skis. I no longer keep skis bound up like that.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Guess how many pairs?

Um, not quite enough?! :ogbiggrin:

SERIOUSLY nice rack system. I wonder if anybody distributes them in the USA?

But for my "tucked into the open 2 x 6 studs" approach, nothing beats the Totti Ski Buttons.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I noticed some rust on edges from the straps on a pair of skis stored a long time. I put it down to the straps keeping moisture next to the skis. I no longer keep skis bound up like that.
you have 2 types of straps, pure rubber, vs "foam"

foam + moist room = O#%)"#()%(#")(%#)% dont do it.

this is all indoor with low moisture and 15c at minimum.

ALPINE RESORTS SOLUTIONS​

Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
USA
[email protected]

Seems to be the US distributor

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi All,

Anyone tried out some of the vertical hang home ski racks? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks
~T

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some great ideas in this thread...

Sponsor

Staff online