• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hot As He!!

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
It's 74 degrees right now in Dallas, dang I need to put my coat on!!

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Starting to get pretty toasty in Texas now. Aug it get so hot everything dies and looks like mars. :roflmao:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
The River fire just exploded 10 miles from our house. They hit it with all they got: 2 DC-10's, 2 C130's, a dozen other airplanes. forgot to mention helo's also.
Still it went from 100 acres to 1400 acres in 4 hours. 0% contained ! :geek: we're ready to go if needed.
Colfax is evacuated. I-80 is still open. Better check first if going on 80 tomorrow
View attachment 139196

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
C130
1628148832352.png

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here we go again
7c4a251416aa0875a40c1ff22f50ff33.png

Here in Western Washington we're having another heat wave. It's not as bad as the last one but we're having today, and the next two days in the 90s, with some places reaching triple digits.

I bought this little beauty after the last one and it works great
IMG_0175.JPG

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:eek:

:eek:

"Earlier large volcanic eruptions have affected climate, - usually cool temperatures, - light-scattering aerosols - act as a sort of massive layer of sunscreen."

"water vapor traps heat, the Tongan eruption could temporarily raise temperatures"

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Here we go again
View attachment 139808

Here in Western Washington we're having another heat wave. It's not as bad as the last one but we're having today, and the next two days in the 90s, with some places reaching triple digits.

View attachment 139809
Yup. We have one of those in the bedroom. It does the trick when we need it to.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Unforeseen consequence of heat waves #789:

Dog Droppings. It's like no dog owners want to go more than 150 feet from their front door. And they're certainly less keen on picking it up.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here we go again
View attachment 139808

View attachment 139809
I used to use portables in our upstairs bedroom because the window opens sideways. I found them more expensive, less effective and less reliable than a window unit. Got a window unit and built a 2x4 frame to hold it the window.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We only use ours a week or two a year so the portable is perfect. Ours is pretty efficient and doesn’t seem to affect our bill much.

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We just got over a week of temperatures right around 90°. I would get up about 5:30, open the all the doors and windows and put the big box fans blowing for a couple of hours. This would keep the house cool until the early afternoon, then fire up the portable AC. This worked great for keeping the house right around 74°. We are now back to natures air conditioning, on shore flow from the Pacific.

Sponsor

Staff online