• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Houston skier meet up?

LoneStarMtnLover

Booting up
Skier
Greetings,

Gen X former compulsive skier whose love for the mountains was awakened spring skiing in Alaska (thanks Alyeska and neighboring landscape) this April. Curious to meet other Houstonians (or nearby Texans) planning to travel this upcoming ski season [e.g., West Coast (Lake Tahoe and Mammoth), Pacific NW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho) and coterminous USA resorts (UT, CO, WY, MO); Canada (Whittier, Banff); Alaska, etc.]. Although I'm reluctant to describe myself as "expert," I'm beyond advanced (used to race GS and slalom, skied four days/week for years, etc.) and am hoping to meet up with other local ski enthusiasts who enjoy piste and off-piste routes (and perhaps one-day, bucket list heli-skiing in Alaska). My fiancé just started skiing this spring and is anxious to learn, so if a partner is new to the sport no worries. Got an IKON pass and hope to make the most of it this upcoming 22-23 season. If interested, please PM me.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Greetings,

Gen X former compulsive skier whose love for the mountains was awakened spring skiing in Alaska (thanks Alyeska and neighboring landscape) this April. Curious to meet other Houstonians (or nearby Texans) planning to travel this upcoming ski season [e.g., West Coast (Lake Tahoe and Mammoth), Pacific NW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho) and coterminous USA resorts (UT, CO, WY, MO); Canada (Whittier, Banff); Alaska, etc.]. Although I'm reluctant to describe myself as "expert," I'm beyond advanced (used to race GS and slalom, skied four days/week for years, etc.) and am hoping to meet up with other local ski enthusiasts who enjoy piste and off-piste routes (and perhaps one-day, bucket list heli-skiing in Alaska). My fiancé just started skiing this spring and is anxious to learn, so if a partner is new to the sport no worries. Got an IKON pass and hope to make the most of it this upcoming 22-23 season. If interested, please PM me.

Cheers,
There are some ski clubs in Texas, one of which is in Houston and has a membership meeting tonight August 15.

The "ski council" trips this year line up with the IKON pass, so you are definitely in luck there. Or maybe you are already a member?