• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How are skis made? A 9-episode video series.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
' ll

I believe it was two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.
That's some good editing and upgrading right there. Spot on. Though I still prefer an In n Out Double Double with cheese.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So (in a futile attempt to remain on-topic) I'm wondering if we can create a jingle for skis.

Base, edges, VDS rubber, core (with Vibestop), ABS sidewall, tip and tail spacers, sheet of Titanal (with or without cutouts), triaxial fiberglass, under a nylon/TPU top sheet.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So (in a futile attempt to remain on-topic) I'm wondering if we can create a jingle for skis.

Base, edges, VDS rubber, core (with Vibestop), ABS sidewall, tip and tail spacers, sheet of Titanal (with or without cutouts), triaxial fiberglass, under a nylon/TPU top sheet.
How many syllables does your version have compared to Mickey D's...do we include the parens as we sing it? I'm thinking your engineering skills may be stronger than your marketing/songwriting skills? :roflmao:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
-How many syllables does your version have compared to Mickey D's...do we include the parens as we sing it? I'm thinking your engineering skills may be stronger than your marketing/songwriting skills? :roflmao:
What engineering skills?:huh:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have always thought the sandwich construction of skis are very similar to an actual edible sandwich. After a while, you learn certain ingredients that you do and DON’T like in either.
When I see things like Paulownia used instead of Poplar wood as the “lighter wood” in a resort ski that’s a no on the ski sandwich!
I remember when I joined Epic back in 2005, one of the first discussions I got into compared different kinds of ski construction.
I recall someone saying (paraphrasing) "Think of cap construction as a wrap and sandwich construction as a club sandwich. The different materials are like the ingredients you want your wrap/sandwich made out of."

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
@Cyrus Schenck - What effect is temperature on the VibeStop material? It changes as it vibrates more but what about colder or warmer ski days?

TS
Cyrus Schenck

Cyrus Schenck

Founder of Renoun Skis
Skier
Manufacturer
@Cyrus Schenck - What effect is temperature on the VibeStop material? It changes as it vibrates more but what about colder or warmer ski days?
It's affected by temperatures (just as wood, metal, and other laminate are) but the delta of vibration reduction between a warm ski and cold skis is pretty small. A ski boot changes flex by around 600% depending don't the temps, so when all the tolerance is stacked up, it's a small sliver of the pie. Nonetheless, technically speaking, it is still there!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester