• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How did you find SkiTalk.com?

• EpicSki

Votes: 183 65.8%
  • TGR

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • The SkiDiva

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Other skiing based forum (AlpineZone, SeniorSkiing, ect)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Google Search

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • Other search engine (Bing, DuckDuckGo, ect)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Friend/Referral

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other, please add in a post.

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Saw someone wearing Pugski swag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't remember, a phrase I use a lot these days.

"Why, what did you hear?", "Were there witnesses?" and "I cannot confirm nor deny" are my top three.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I woke up one morning two days after the start of the Staffing Changes thread and found the Pugski.com url in my inbox.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be anonymous or not so I won't mention the name, but a member on Epic who believed in us bought the URL and gifted it to us.

There were a handful of people who were instrumental in making Pugski happen, but none more than that person and Marcus.
So, my answer would be "other" I found Pugski in my inbox.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't remember, a phrase I use a lot these days. I think I heard about it when Tricia & Phil set it up, so I voted "Friend Referral".
A short pencil is better than a long memory

I found it mildly annoying at first... but it's growing on me.

I kid, because I like you guys.
We like you because you kid.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also cool to see some folks getting pulled into here via Google. Slowly this place will fill the content hole left on the internet by Epic's demise.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Who coined the pugski name?
I had links to EpicSki saved that showed the time line, but as you know those links don't work anymore.
It was first mentioned by @Blue Streak Later @MattL also mentioned it.
It was quite the joint effort, which is why it feels good to us. This is a community built by you.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I recall that I was pissed about how Phil and Tricia were let go from Epic (an epic fail if ever there was), and I was an early inhabitant here, while still retaining dual citizenship and spending some time on Epic. It became clear after a while that I was spending more time here.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I met the Pugs while skiing in a charity private lesson @ N* with a buddy who was on the D-Team. Mikey and my friend and I were headed down to the Martis lift, and of course Mikey being the ripper he is got there before us. Phil and Tricia were at the bottom of the lift, and apparently Tricia went over to Mike and said "Hey Mikey, why don't you ditch these losers and come ski with us?" Mike explained the situation and then said "... but they're really nice guys and I'm sure they'd be happy to have you join us." We were, and we were, and they did. The rest, as they say, is history...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@cbk I'd forgotten that story. IIRC we tore up some pretty sweet powder that day.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Also cool to see some folks getting pulled into here via Google. Slowly this place will fill the content hole left on the internet by Epic's demise.
Early on Epic was the site that people were on prior to logging on to Pugski then it quickly changed to where Google and Facebook blew past it. About half of our trafic comes directly from Google.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wish lurkers could vote in this poll. For you that ARE lurking. sign up, log in and vote. We really want to know.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was an occasional lurker on Epic, mostly going there for gear beta. I noticed Phil's departing salvo and eventually checked out the new (Pugski) site and kinda fell into it. I had participated extensively in Telemark Tips when Mitch had it and now spend some time in Dostie's EYT bc forum and TGR. Pugski rounds things out nicely. Thanks to Phil and Tricia for making this happen.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was an occasional lurker on Epic, mostly going there for gear beta. I noticed Phil's departing salvo and eventually checked out the new (Pugski) site and kinda fell into it. I had participated extensively in Telemark Tips when Mitch had it and now spend some time in Dostie's EYT bc forum and TGR. Pugski rounds things out nicely. Thanks to Phil and Tricia for making this happen.
We just ran into @Dostie at Summer OR last week.

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
I was searching for ski reviews because I was planning on buying skis last year. I enjoyed reading the thorough reviews and then I read the articles on premium skis, then on bindings, and tuning, etc. Now I'm hooked and one of those "lurkers".