• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How did you find SkiTalk.com?

• EpicSki

Votes: 183 65.8%
  • TGR

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • The SkiDiva

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Other skiing based forum (AlpineZone, SeniorSkiing, ect)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Google Search

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • Other search engine (Bing, DuckDuckGo, ect)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Friend/Referral

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other, please add in a post.

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Saw someone wearing Pugski swag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just out of curiosity, how did you originally find Pugski,com? If it was from a search engine...what were you looking for? Also, please share any fun and unique anecdotes.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I have participates in ski forums that were east coast biases for the most part. I was also involved in Epicski until the end. In one of the east coast forums this sight was mentioned and since I have moved to Colorado I needed a more western skiing focus, since east coast skiers do not like to here about conditions here.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have participates in ski forums that were east coast biases for the most part. I was also involved in Epicski until the end. In one of the east coast forums this sight was mentioned and since I have moved to Colorado I needed a more western skiing focus, since east coast skiers do not like to here about conditions here.
I love it that you joined in November 2015, but this is your first post. You have some catching up to do. ;)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love it that you joined in November 2015, but this is your first post. You have some catching up to do. ;)
Two posts now..he even started his own thread.He is cooking with gas now..there is no stopping him!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I guess I noticed it when you and Epic split-up. It didn't sound right to me; OK it sorta pissed me off as I have my own sense of fair play and loyalty. When I saw the new site I was all-in. It's been good. Electronically met some knowledgable skiers and some entertaining people. Gwen and I got to have a beverage with the Grumps apre ski at CB because of you guys In addition I've probably even learned a thing or two from Pugski. Keep it up.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I guess I noticed it when you and Epic split-up. It didn't sound right to me; OK it sorta pissed me off as I have my own sense of fair play and loyalty. When I saw the new site I was all-in. It's been good. Electronically met some knowledgable skiers and some entertaining people. Gwen and I got to have a beverage with the Grumps apre ski at CB because of you guys In addition I've probably even learned a thing or two from Pugski. Keep it up.
A very humble and heartfelt thank you. :hug:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think someone on the staff got drunk and sent me an email. I'm sure they regretted that, and the hangover, the next day.
Its better to own it than regret it. :rocks:

Lance

Booting up
Skier
I was searching google for ski reviews and stumbled upon Pugski. I appreciated the amount of information and the way it was presented here. It did end up costing me a few $$ because I eventually purchased the Renoun Z90's...

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I looked into Pugski when it first started after the Epic "reorganization", but was too deeply invested in Epic to justify using another ski forum. Perhaps I would have felt differently with more of a personal relationship with those involved, but Epic was still satisfying my virtual skiing habit. Every now and then someone would get mad at Epic and announce that they were jumping ship, so I would take another look at Pugski as an option, but still felt that Epic was answering all my questions and keeping me entertained. Obviously with the fall of Epic, it was time to find a new home.

Sorry to appear so neutral, but if I had randomly joined Pugski first, I never would have left here either.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I looked into Pugski when it first started after the Epic "reorganization", but was too deeply invested in Epic to justify using another ski forum. Perhaps I would have felt differently with more of a personal relationship with those involved, but Epic was still satisfying my virtual skiing habit. Every now and then someone would get mad at Epic and announce that they were jumping ship, so I would take another look at Pugski as an option, but still felt that Epic was answering all my questions and keeping me entertained. Obviously with the fall of Epic, it was time to find a new home.

Sorry to appear so neutral, but if I had randomly joined Pugski first, I never would have left here either.
No need to apologize, we appreciate the candidness. There were people, like yourself that we comfortable on Epic and we cannot fault that at all. There were people that migrated from the start and there were the folks that has what we called dual citizenship. Now that you are here, while this is not Epicski, we hope that you are comforable and that it can be your new home.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't remember, a phrase I use a lot these days. I think I heard about it when Tricia & Phil set it up, so I voted "Friend Referral".

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid