• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How do I see days used on my Epic Pass?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I wanted to see how many days I had used on my Epic Pass and where (I think I know, but wanted to double check). So I logged into the website, and into the EpicMix app, and poked all around and couldn't seem to find it. I can see some of my days used in EpicMix, but not all.

So I figured I must just be missing something. Surely there's a simple place to see what days I've used. So I started a help desk chat on the Epic Pass website, and was told that there is no way for me to see my days used and where!!

If that's true, and I'm still not missing something. that's ASTOUNDING to me. It's such a simple thing on a pass that has limited days some places. Surely there must be a lot of users that want to see their pass usage, right?

Does anyone know of a way to do it?

FWIW, on my Ikon Pass, when I click on my account, I see this graphic... very simple and obvious, and exactly what I want and would expect for my Epic Pass:

1678582848244.png

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So I figured I must just be missing something. Surely there's a simple place to see what days I've used. So I started a help desk chat on the Epic Pass website, and was told that there is no way for me to see my days used and where!!

They know. They just don't want you to know.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Bumping this... is there really no way to see it?

I thought someone here would point out what a dolt I am and show me where to find it...

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I always wondered what the d in @dbostedo stood for.

I'm not an EpicMix expert, but what I know if that you have to have the app and an account to see daily/season/liftetime stats. My season stats say I've used my Senior Tahoe Value Pass 12 days. But it stopped recording lifts on March 8 at 12:23 MST so it skipped March 9 at Kirkwood which was day 13 on my pass. It could be my fault for having pass in pants pocket instead of on upper body, but that wouldn't explain why it worked part of the day as I don't think I moved pass when taking an early lunch break.

EpicMiss missed 9 lifts I rode at Heavenly on March 7 including both times I rode Tamarack chair. By stopping recording early on March 8, it missed 5 lifts. Since I changed battery on my iPhone, I've resumed running SkiTracks, but I also carry a small external charger as iPhone battery won't always make it through the day, especially at Heavenly and Kirkwood where there are places phone uses up battery hunting for service. And I forgot to start SkiTracks when loading first lift on March 8 so it missed first 4 lifts.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I always wondered what the d in @dbostedo stood for.
:roflmao:

And my EpicMix app has entirely missed (and/or not been run) 2 days I've skied in the east on my pass... so that's not a solution either.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Ikon isn’t perfect either as when I log into account (I don’t have app) it doesn’t list the two days I skied Schweitzer.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
My Epic Mix app just plain doesn'y work anymore. Not asking for me to update it or anything. I guess I could uninstall and reinstanall with attendant log in ballache but really have little utility from it so F Vail for their crappy product.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon isn’t perfect either as when I log into account (I don’t have app) it doesn’t list the two days I skied Schweitzer.
Strange. Ikon has everything for mine. Both places I needed a reservation and those I didn't, east and west. I wonder why it would have missed Schweitzer? Maybe they're not well hooking into the Ikon databases yet. That said - at least there's a place in your account where it's supposed to be. Epic doesn't even appear to have that (the EpicMix app just happens to try to show it as part of your season tracking, not a list of days/places visited per se).

(Also FWIW, some resorts are not well hooked into Ikon; I.e. Taos reservations... apparently there's no way for the lifties at the base to know if you have a reservation or not. And Ikon doesn't always see it and send the usual warning emails like they do for some other resorts. So the reservations are not well implemented/monitored. Maybe Schweitzer is another example.)

blue

Putting on skis
Skier
Last year Epic Mix showed my days, but this year it seems to only show the days I used GPS tracking. There might’ve been some cost cutting on their end. I saw that they took out the RFID scanners above the lift lines. As to why, I am not sure. It’s hard to imagine those RFID scanners have a high operating cost, and Vail had to pay to remove the infrastructure already in place.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
My EpicMix App looks like its a new'ish version since Christmas (haven't been to a VR hill since). However, it does track "day", "season" and "lifetime" across the top

I never use the tracking - but the days and lifts are still there from over the holidays and all the way back to 10/11 season.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
@dbostedo Did you ever figure out how to find the days used on your pass? Don't you log your days somewhere?

I've saw somebody in one of the EpicPass Facebook groups say they were able to use a few more days than they purchased. Maybe it makes up for all the people like my son who may not use all the days he bought. He bought 5 or 6-day pass including Stevens Pass days as he had a girlfriend in Seattle and figured he would ski with her there, but long-distance relationship ended before Winter started and he only has one Tahoe day.

The EpicMix tracking seems to have gotten worse even though they still have RFID scanners above the lift lines (except Mott Canyon where it's at the top). It used to be that all CA Vail resorts tracked lifts (except for the ones it missed - sometimes about half) on Mountain Time. But my recent experience at Kirkwood had some lifts in Mountain time and some in Pacific time. And besides missing some lifts at Kirkwood, it also seemed to add lifts at times I didn't ride or ski past their bases, but it's hard to figure out with inconsistent time zones. Good thing I'm keeping enough charge in my phone to run SkiTracks.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo Did you ever figure out how to find the days used on your pass? Don't you log your days somewhere?
Nope. If EpicMix doesn't pick them up, there's no way to see your days used.

I do track them separately on SkiTracks, but it still boggles my mind that your account on their app/site doesn't show days used like Ikon does.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Yeah I don't know why it's not logged in the system. I wanted to see specifically what days we skied this past year, but it's not shown anywhere. Reason being follow...

We bought a 4 day and a 5 day pass this year and flagged Heavenly as the core location and flagged the days we planned to ski. One of the 5 days, Heavenly did not actually open at all due to snow. Another day, Heavenly opened late and for only a few hours, but roads were so bad we could not get there safely to ski. That was the day you could see a bunch of beginners trying to ski Gunbarrel with 2-3 ft of snow (as it was the only run open most of that day).

We will be pursuing refunds for those days. I am not optimistic however... The T&C on the site is somewhat contradictory. There are statements suggesting this would not be covered but also might be covered since we flagged the specific resort & day with the resort closed.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah I don't know why it's not logged in the system.
I'm sure it's logged in some system. Vail certainly knows where I've skied because my pass was scanned. But why they don't publish that in your account page, I don't understand.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My guess is they don't want most folks to see how few days they've used their pass.
I don't think that's it... EpicMix, if it worked perfectly, would easily tell you.

My guess is that they want EpicMix to be the be-all, end-all, and just don't expect you need anything else. But as stated by many people, EpicMix can miss things.

Sponsor

Staff online