• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How do you like your boots buckled?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I might try reversing my usual order today, and see whether or not I can make it across the parking lot without spontaneously combusting. ;)

Absolutely not! Pre-skiing rituals are sacred and you should’t change anything in the established routine. It may mess up your ski mojo and all sorts of nasty stuff could happen, so better not take any chances.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I adjust my buckles so each one is on the second grab. Everyday I put them on and buckle them at the second one and they fit the same so I never have to adjust anything. As the liners pack out I'll just give them one turn and stay on the same second slot. So far this season after 36 days not one adjustment and they're fitting wonderful. 4 ,year old RS 130 w.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've also tried running the Booster brand WC model. They're in a box at the bottom of my closet now.

Send them to me in a padded envelope and I'll send you a twenty dollar bill.

Mine are maybe 15 years old, and getting a bit tired in the elastic department.

It's OK to have your contrarian view of power straps. I'm the same with thin ski socks. We don't judge here at ski talk, do we?! :ogbiggrin:

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
Free skiing - I can buckle using just my thumb. Power strap snug but partially taut.
Race - Tight using palm and not excessive force. Power Strap cinched tight.

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tight up top and as loose as possible on the toes (2014 Lange rx130). Bought new boots 2 weeks ago (Atomic Hawx Ultra) and the above may change a tad, however. Still experimenting.

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier
That’s because some of us are on Atomic Professional dual strap that goes both over and under so best of both really… :ogbiggrin:
I'm working on a new system that goes THROUGH

Mr Boombastic

Booting up
Skier
I buckle the top two and strap as tight as I can and then walk to lift and tighten top two again. When I get to top I buckle the bottom two barely snug. Adjust tighter over first few runs.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Send them to me in a padded envelope and I'll send you a twenty dollar bill.

Mine are maybe 15 years old, and getting a bit tired in the elastic department.

It's OK to have your contrarian view of power straps. I'm the same with thin ski socks. We don't judge here at ski talk, do we?! :ogbiggrin:
1678466042958.png

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have a fool for a boot fitter (me). Can't really buckle the two buckles over the foot. Pretty tight the two cuff buckles and tight the booster strap. I bought a cheap amazon boot glove to keep snow out, keep toes warm. Works great, not the greatest look.

James

Out There
Instructor

How do you like your boots buckled?​

-Over easy.

James

Out There
Instructor
I've also tried running the Booster brand WC model.
That’s not the smartest choice in Boosters if you don’t like power straps. :nono:
They were either almost free, or came with bad advice.
Sorry, we've already had that joke made... try again. :P

Let’s not let reading of this important thread get in the way. In this case, “the search warrant was weak. It said a brown house. It was beige.”

In the thread, the previous term was “medium”, not “easy”. :P

RoninSkier

Getting off the lift
Skier

Joe Strummer

Getting on the lift
Skier
Depends on what type of boot you have! I have a pare of Dalbello Axion 11 and Scarpa Maestrale's Both are cabrio 3-piece designs (would never use any other design). Plus I have EE width feet. Hence I don't use the two buckles over the forefoot.

Sponsor

Staff online