• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Speeder

Speeder

Booting up
Skier
abfahrt_cuche.jpeg
I'd say up at the level of their face, but not necessarily 'tight to'. My mantra for my athletes looking for more speed is you want to see and be looking over your gloves as much as possible. How far ahead the hands are is a matter of personal preference.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is that a new camera?
Stabilization is quite good.

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
Gliding is one small, and relatively irrelevant part of the job... regardless how this sounds now. Few years ago, some Swiss Uni made research and in Wengen, which is super long and considered as one of races, where glide is more important, and they found out, skis are flat on for whole 7 sec. In 2min 30sec long race, they had pure glide for about 4% of time. Sure it's enough to to determine winner, of both skiers had same skiing for other 2min 23sec, but even on "glide" DH races, there's more important factors then glide.
Otherwise, I would say boots are thing that make biggest difference. Setup for perfect glide is anything but setup for perfect skiing for rest of course. So finding right compromise between these two, completely opposite thing, which allows you to be fast in corners and still enable you to glide relatively well is crucial, but not really easy thing to do.
I was also thinking about boot set up and wondering whether moving the cuffs inboard to the medial side would allow a wider, flatter footed stance but at the expense of quality turns. It sounds as though it is as tricky as I thought!

TS
Speeder

Speeder

Booting up
Skier
Gliding is one small, and relatively irrelevant part of the job... regardless how this sounds now. Few years ago, some Swiss Uni made research and in Wengen, which is super long and considered as one of races, where glide is more important, and they found out, skis are flat on for whole 7 sec. In 2min 30sec long race, they had pure glide for about 4% of time. Sure it's enough to to determine winner, of both skiers had same skiing for other 2min 23sec, but even on "glide" DH races, there's more important factors then glide.
Otherwise, I would say boots are thing that make biggest difference. Setup for perfect glide is anything but setup for perfect skiing for rest of course. So finding right compromise between these two, completely opposite thing, which allows you to be fast in corners and still enable you to glide relatively well is crucial, but not really easy thing to do.
Thanks for your reply. I only get one DH per year and it has two flats each about 15 seconds and that adds up to about 50% of my race. Being slippery in a straight line is important.

Sponsor

Staff online