• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How much can you bend a ski brake

richddt

Booting up
Skier
I got a pair of jester binding with 97mm brake that I want to put it on my katana vwerk, 112mm.

Is it doable? New brakes are like $40 a pop :S

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can do it, but 15 mm is near the limit of how much I like to bend brakes. The more you spread them, the less effective they are. You can also remove a little of the plastic on the inside of the brake arms to gain some advantage.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marker Brakes? Not much. I might have some 110's that I will sell you cheap. Then you have an extra set. Let me check.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Marker Brakes? Not much. I might have some 110's that I will sell you cheap. Then you have an extra set. Let me check.

Think I can stretch Solly STH 100s around a 112 waist? If not....gonna need to find some fatter brakes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Think I can stretch Solly STH 100s around a 112 waist? If not....gonna need to find some fatter brakes.
Salomon's you can take apart and bend, Marker, not so much. Don't even try Look, they will snap.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Salomon's you can take apart and bend, Marker, not so much. Don't even try Look, they will snap.
If I buy a Volkl 90eight (98mm) and want a Look Pivot 12 should I get the 115mm brake option? I have a pair of Pivot 14 / 95mm brake on the current 88's which I'd use if they'd fit without screwing them up in any way.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I buy a Volkl 90eight (98mm) and want a Look Pivot 12 should I get the 115mm brake option? I have a pair of Pivot 14 / 95mm brake on the current 88's which I'd use if they'd fit without screwing them up in any way.
95's will work.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got a pair of jester binding with 97mm brake that I want to put it on my katana vwerk, 112mm.

Is it doable? New brakes are like $40 a pop :S
I have some 110 brakes. Shoot me a message, I accept PayPal....or you can use the "Donate" button on the right and I will include the brakes at any donation level! Operators are waiting your call now. WAIT!, Don't donate yet...if You donate now, We will double your order and include a second pair or brakes for no additional charge!!!

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I might have some 115 brakes for those ...

Yeah I think these are them. Let me know if you want. (Do they look right, @Philpug?)

IMG_1497.JPG

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
95's will work.
Thanks.
Now wondering, if I leave the Pivot 14's on the Kastles and get a new WTR Pivot 12 for the Volkl 90eight, do I order the 95mm brake or the 115mm brake option? I figure the + 7mm difference with the 115mm brake on the 90eight will be the same difference as my current 95mm brake / 88mm waist ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I use 95 up to 100, then go to the wider brake.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

I'll be at Loveland, probably the last weekend of this month so my mother who's visiting can join. I'll either throw you a few $, a beer/bloody, or can just put a drink on the board for you til later.