• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How much does it cost to get into paragliding?

RichardSmith

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Pass Pulled
I have never done paragliding but am instested in having a go. I've been googleing around and it seems to cost around £600 to £800 for the basic training but the wings seem to vary in price hugely. I've seem some for only £800 new and others going for £2500 used. So whats the difference between an £800 wing and a £3000 one. And also I've seen on a lot of forums that so and so is a 'good beginer wing' what does this mean? are there different wings for different levels of skill?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK.. here is a question out of left field. I assume you are on the other side of the pond from us. If you were in the U.S. I actually would have someone to refer you to.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
In the USA, the best way to get started is to find a local school_instructor. Take lessons from them using their equipment. The instructor will then guide your purchase of the proper equipment. It has been several years, but lessons were about $1500. Wing, harness, reserve, vario about $4000. I strongly suggest getting instruction and buying new.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The skill level of a wing is rated by the DHV, a rating of how easy to recover from collapses, stalls, spirals,etc. Your instructor will likely guide you to a DHV1 for the 1st wing.

TS
R

RichardSmith

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Pass Pulled
I have never done paragliding but am instested in having a go. I've b een goMvidmate mobdro word counter ogleing around and it seems to cost around £600 to £800 for the basic training but the wings seem to vary in price hugely. I've seem some for only £800 new and others going for £2500 used. So whats the difference between an £800 wing and a £3000 one. And also I've seen on a lot of forums that so and so is a 'good beginer wing' what does this mean? are there different wings for different levels of skill?
ISSUE SOLVED!!