• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to handle no-way, no-go boots an elite boot fitter recommended?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Dunno man, I just hope Atomic won’t get any crazy ideas about the colour of the Redsters.
Hey, let's not get all caught up in names... just because it's a "Red"ster doesn't mean it can't be a different color! Case in point:

1679935184084.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, let's not get all caught up in names... just because it's a "Red"ster doesn't mean it can't be a different color! Case in point:

View attachment 198433

Yeah my point exactly! Imagine the horror @onenerdykid wakes up tomorrow and says: Hey you know guys, I have that fantastic idea-what about we make the CS130….green? Wouldn’t THAT be cool?

No Matt, it definitely won’t be! :roflmao:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah my point exactly! Imagine the horror @onenerdykid wakes up tomorrow and says: Hey you know guys, I have that fantastic idea-what about we make the CS130….green? Wouldn’t THAT be cool?

No Matt, it definitely won’t be! :roflmao:
Well maybe not green... but how about a nice teal? Or maybe fuschia? Aubergine?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well maybe not green... but how about a nice teal? Or maybe fuschia? Aubergine?

Teal is good.
Fuschia - that is a hard no.
Aubergine - love the dark purple hue. Very subtle.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank God teal is already taken by Kastle. I am a sucker for celeste but red is just…faster…

Totally cool with celeste. On weekends, my Atomic WC 130 pro likes to let its hair down and identifies as celeste to run with the weekend warriors. A kinder and gentler sort.

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
I ski about 40-50 days a season .. but like I said you cant put a price on ski boot Bliss lol ... so if I have to spend some money to get new boots I'm game I know its crazy but its really the only way for em to find a boot that works is to ski it ...I also have this thing about doing as minimal work to the shell as possible ...But then again thats me and I'm a strange when it comes to ski and hockey gear

JChockey22

Putting on skis
Skier
I wish the companies would make some of their 130s in neon green I know atomic did a few years back but I missed out lol

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Loving me ski boot aesthetics chat. To me boots shouldn't be too multicolor and wild looking because they're going to look weird with a lot of skis. Skis are the show and the Boots are the wingman as far as looks go :)

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went back to the original boot fitter. We decided the Hawx are lost cause on my feet, returned and ordered a pair of Lange LX to try on. Apparently the Lange are going to have thicker kind of plastic and more of a race style cuff. Which potentially is going to be good for me.

In my mind the fitter remains a pro's pro. Totally understood, and from what I reported knew it was time to cut bait.

So good for now :). I've learned several lessons about ski boots experience. Maybe the most important one is buy when you are in a situation to be able to take a lot of time to get the right new boots, and then to get them sorted out. I'm lucky that my current boots are still skiable. What would really be a drag would be to not have skiable boots and be forced to fast track the boot buying and fitting process. You could easily end up miserable in the wrong boots if you're in a rush.

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Or maybe switch to snowboarding!

Well these feel good, and my heels stay down. Can I wear them out please? :cool:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Loving me ski boot aesthetics chat. To me boots shouldn't be too multicolor and wild looking because they're going to look weird with a lot of skis. Skis are the show and the Boots are the wingman as far as looks go :)

I totally disagree. Boots and helmet act to frame the rest of the outfit.

Skis bah so long as they don't clash with the goggles.

#Importantstuffthis

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I totally disagree. Boots and helmet act to frame the rest of the outfit.

Skis bah so long as they don't clash with the goggles.

#Importantstuffthis

Skis are covered with snow quite often too so yeah, I am with you-helmet and boots. It is very important that your helmet is yellow and your boots-red or blue. Very important.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is the answer. Jim Mates is your guy, and the trip to Leavenworth is short compared to what he can do for you. I never had a pair of boots that really fit until Jim got hold of my feet. Now they are happy!

Here's his web site: http://www.custombootservice.com/
This!!! Jim has been doing our boots for 25 years. Been skiing in a Plug boot for most of that time. I go once and never return. and I am not an easy fit. He's the best!