• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to improve as an adult

TS
hollyberry

hollyberry

Putting on skis
Skier
Much-beloved skis; women still wonder why they aren't still in the lineup from Blizzard.
I like the ski a lot. It is fairly steady and good for carving- not much chatter at all. My one complaint is that it is very heavy for its length compared to other skis I have demoed. It is also not that fast compared to other 160 skis I have tried.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Counterpoint: Elan had a monocoque Black Pearl system ski in their line up years before Blizzard - and none of the women on this board remember it.
Well sure. It's not just the name, but a good name is a factor. Successful products often have some kind of a "handle" that people can grab easily. For example, when I say "the teal one," everyone knows I'm talking about the Rossi 4SK. No one called it that, I don't think. Just "You know, the teal one."

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well sure. It's not just the name, but a good name is a factor. Successful products often have some kind of a "handle" that people can grab easily. For example, when I say "the teal one," everyone knows I'm talking about the Rossi 4SK. No one called it that, I don't think. Just "You know, the teal one."

We all called it "the Gumby ski" back in the day. But yes: everybody knew exactly which ski you were talking about.

Dolomitiskier

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. Lots of good advice.
I also would like to inquire about adult focused ski carving technique camps / instructor recommendations in Europe?
Austria, Italy or Eastern Europe would be ideal.
I have had lots of positive experience with instructors in Italy. Love Kronschool (https://www.kronschool.com/en/ski-kronplatz/1-0.html) at Olang in Kronplatz/Plan de Corones. I’ve had some good private lessons with them and my kids do a week of ski school with them every year and always come back with new skills and stories!

Sponsor

Staff online