• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Howdy from Australia! Or should that be g'day!?

mitsikitty

Putting on skis
Skier
Hey all - I am Maria.

Sent here by some lovely women at The Ski Diva.
I'm originally a snowboarder, but have been learning the two plank tango now and enjoy it VERY much.
Hopefully will be investing in my own skis soon .... I have 4 snowboards so need to even up the quiver!

I joined the snow scene "late" as a 30 year old, now 35 and pretty much chase my winters from North to South and vice versa, even started my own snow clothing buiness for women last year, too.

Thanks for having me here - and I will be sure to talk lots and ask lots of stupid questions. :)
M.

_DSC6908.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Awesome intro... Welcome to SkiTalk! I hope you're having a good season down under.

Where do you typically ski/board in the northern hemisphere?

TS
mitsikitty

mitsikitty

Putting on skis
Skier
Awesome intro... Welcome to SkiTalk! I hope you're having a good season down under.

Where do you typically ski/board in the northern hemisphere?

The snow has actually been quite decent - unfortunately, so have the lockdowns.
Fingers crossed I might be able to get there this weekend.

So far for my Northern Hemisphere adventures, I've frequented Banff and usually go to lake Louise and Sunshine, and then Japan a bit as it is close and plentiful. Have done Niseko and the plethora of resorts there, but actually prefer Nagano region! Madarao being my favourite!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Welcome! Good on ya finding us!

TS
mitsikitty

mitsikitty

Putting on skis
Skier
Welcome to this little band of gypsies. Things are shaping up and BC/Alberta might be a good place to play this winter.

Just need this covid business to settle here - not allowed to leave the country, and our snap lockdowns have cancelled many local trips, too.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Wonder if you're hearing anything about the prospects of Japan opening up to foreign skiers this coming season (suspect you're likely to hear more down in Oz than we will in Tokyo). I have friends in NY who want to come over this winter, but can't find any info there on access.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Canada just opened th3eir border yeseterday. Ski Red, Whitewater, Kimberly,Fernie and, Big White and Panorama. Good snow, high beer prices good cat skiing. Welcome to Ski Talk. Have skied Perisher too.