• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hybrid cross country ski

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Wow, chaotic. What is the compatibility among these?

Seems nearly as bad as mac power cable connectors
Not so good. But it's not as bad as it sounds in that that's over several decades.

Here's a chart from ten or so years ago.

Not also, there were other norms beyond Salomon's - particularly NNN which is very popular.

Idris

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well, they do. You balance has to be internal instead of external. Ideally, you should be able to ski alpine or Nordiic with a pair of running shoes velcroed to your skis.

With regards to brands / models.... Most make a combo boot. However finding them anywhere in the pipeline now is a challenge. Ebay might be your best option.

Enjoy.

My old ski coach said all you needed was a vertical toe plate to stop you sliding forward off the skis.....in moguls, nice piste you shouldn't need such aids.

His training for us (younger teens in race training) was to wind everyones din down till the bindings fell apart, then put them back in one turn, then ski bumps all day.

Best I could manage was confidently skiing the staff housing/excalibur base home run in running shoes and straight skis, had to make sure the bindings were set short enough that your heals held the brakes down, could normaly muster 3 turns on the steeper section.

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I promised some pictures of the skis and bindings...took a while but here we are.
20220219_153134.jpg
20220219_153311.jpg
20220219_153305.jpg

20220219_153153.jpg

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So those are regular SNS bindings. Both regular SNS and SNS Pilot boots will work on those.
if in doubt, check the sole: the boot should have 1 wide grove, (to match the wide bar running down the binding), not 2 narrow grooves, running down the length of the sole