• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bozzenhagen

Getting off the lift
Skier
It doesn't sound like you've been out driving too much the last week or ten days. It has been slick as deer guts on a door knob out there.
I was out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Today. All commutes from Breckenridge to Loveland/A-Basin.

The spookiest part was the visibility, from both the gusts and my crap wiper blades. My Bosch Icons just arrived today. Not interested in doing yoga moves while driving to align my eyes with the clean part of the windshield.

High end winter tires help a lot.

I've driven in slicker conditions. MDOT (Montana) doesn't do near as good of a job on interstates like CDOT. Most of the front range population would simply die off if they had to drive through Montana.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Does CDOT check tires before or only after the crash? On 80 in CA if there are chains or 4x4 with snows you aren't going without. I do believe the mountain snowflake counts but at least they check. Whether it helps when stuff gets nasty is debatable.
Rarely if ever before. I've never encountered a checkpoint but have heard they have been done.

Sponsor

Staff online