• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I accidentally clicked on my location in my signature and...

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
When I clicked on my location in my signature it linked me to Google Maps/Satellite for the listed location. In my case it gave me a map of Sun Peaks Resort including naming runs and lifts.

Presumably if one changes their location to their street address, it will show your house.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Well, so it does. I'm actually almost off the map about 3 miles southeast, but I'm in the Morrison zip code.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
When I clicked on my location in my signature it linked me to Google Maps/Satellite for the listed location. In my case it gave me a map of Sun Peaks Resort including naming runs and lifts.

Presumably if one changes their location to their street address, it will show your house.

Well, yeah. Or they could just open up a map. That's how addresses work. PSA: don't put your street address in your "location" unless you want us to visit and demand libations!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Mine opens up a couple businesses that are easily within 2-3 miles of my house.. Pretty good guess hahahaha..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, thats cool.

TS
DanoT

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Well, thats cool.

So is this Location link to Google Map part of the new upgrade or has this feature been there all along?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was tempted to list my location as "state of denial" when I first registered. I wonder where that would turn out to be?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If he is a Texan I would see the "or so" could casually be 8,000+ miles.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Well, 山 means mountain. In Chinese Mountain is shān. If you click it and look closely, you are taken to the Shan state in Myanmar, so it makes sense. But since so many places in Google Maps are labeled with 山, seems kind of funny it does a phonetic translation and then searches. Seems it would search by the character. :huh: