• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I did NOT know that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
...or "things that make you go "heh..."""

Aerosmiths "Walk this way" was titled from Igor saying "Walk this way" to baron Von Frankenstien in Young Frankenstein.

What are some things you learned late in life that make you think "I did NOT know that".

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...or "things that make you go "heh..."""

Arrowsmiths "Walk this way" was titled and Igor saying "Walk this way" to baron Von Frankenstien in Young Frankenstein.

What are some things you learned late in life that make you think "I did NOT know that".
I did not know that Aerosmith is actually spelled Arrowsmith. ;)

chip inderhol

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I never noticed that Steve Miller has a left handed guitar upside down on his album cover. And I had the album!!:eek:

Attachments

• 124E4C1C-922E-4705-9ECF-037578F1EDBB_4_5005_c.jpeg
    124E4C1C-922E-4705-9ECF-037578F1EDBB_4_5005_c.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 24

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I did not know until earlier this year that Bobby Fuller wasn't singing: "I left my baby in a field somewhere, I guess my race is run"

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Ovens have a slot that allows you to clean the inside of the double pane window in the door.

(this list- 'I didn't know that' could get really loooonnnng)

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
August used to be the sixth month of the year.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
August used to be the sixth month of the year.

Yep, and for 95% of my life, I had been missing the absolute obvious under my nose. Septem, Octo, Novem, Decem. Latin for 7, 8, 9, 10, and the roots for September, October, November and December, the 9, 10, 11, and 12th months. How did I never notice the discrepancy? Doh!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
We might have been using the expression 'Emperor's new clothes' all wrong.

By the way, the point in the video about Bengal being rich and ripe for conquest: the Indian subcontinent had the highest GDP in the world at the time, higher than China.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
TIL, again, that your brain adjusts for color, light, and tone almost magically.... Take a look at this photo:

1628120511523.png

There are no solid colors in the photo... just some colored lines. But your brain will try to fill in the gaps and you may appear to see a solid colorful shirt (especially at a glance) even though it's mostly grey.

Taken from this blog: https://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2021/08/there-is-no-solid-color-in-this-photo.html

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^I used to have a dress shirt like that. Green pinstripes on grey except the green looked weirdly super-bright.

With a magnifying glass you could see that there were two orange stripes about 1 mil thick next to each green pinstripe.

(I was actually told not to wear it in the office - it gave the office manager a headache. For reference, this was in the yellow / pink power tie era. :nono::roflmao:)

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Of all the lines in Young Frankenstein, that’s not an obvious one... now if Arrowsmith did something with Abby Normal I’d be down with that. FWIW, I use to see Mel Brooks holding court at least three times a week at the 20th Century Fox commissary in the 90’s with his crew ,mostly men of a certain age. Always pleasant and still going strong at 90 something.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mel Brooks may have gotten it from Groucho, in response to "Please walk this way" : "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need talcum powder."

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Following Phil's musical lead, "In a Gadda da Vida" was actually intended to be In the Garden of Eden.

But......60s/70s rock and roll!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In Jimi Hendrix's Crosstown Traffic, he uses a kazoo.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I just told herself that the synth riff in ELP's Touch and Go is actually Lovely Joan. *mind blown* *good thing she was wearing a helmet*

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid