• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I saw it on Facebook so it must be true. (Marriage content INSIDE)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_4598.JPG It all started in December of 2016 when he would follow me down the hill no matter how slowly I skied! BPD_0401-ANIMATION.gif
Then I realized HE was the photo subject on the website and the trailmap! :drool:
20170228_055519.jpg
We actually met the day of the torchlight parade, so we hung out that night with a group of his fellow instructors and had one of the funnest nights ever skiing down the hill in the dark! (With him STILL behind me, shining his much brighter headlamp for me so I could see!)
FB_IMG_1482720872769.jpg

But really, we've been discussing it for awhile. We've built quite a fun and wonderful life together, so we went to the courthouse to get the license and when we were asked when we were going to get married, and WHERE (we always figured something at Snowbasin with friends, while on skis or bikes...) but we didn't have the answer, the clerk asked if we wanted to do it then and there. So, we did!

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 78170 It all started in December of 2016 when he would follow me down the hill no matter how slowly I skied! View attachment 78167
Then I realized HE was the photo subject on the website and the trailmap! :drool:
View attachment 78168
We actually met the day of the torchlight parade, so we hung out that night with a group of his fellow instructors and had one of the funnest nights ever skiing down the hill in the dark! (With him STILL behind me, shining his much brighter headlamp for me so I could see!)
View attachment 78169

But really, we've been discussing it for awhile. We've built quite a fun and wonderful life together, so we went to the courthouse to get the license and when we were asked when we were going to get married, and WHERE (we always figured something at Snowbasin with friends, while on skis or bikes...) but we didn't have the answer, the clerk asked if we wanted to do it then and there. So, we did!
The true example of how he's changed your life is the fact that you made the split second decision to get married then and there.
It's clear that he inspires you to blossom.

So stoked for the two of you!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The true example of how he's changed your life is the fact that you made the split second decision to get married then and there.
It's clear that he inspires you to blossom.

So stoked for the two of you!
The best part is we inspire each OTHER. There have most definitely been some growing pains, but the growing part has been amazing. I just spent a week with my family, and my sister pulled him aside and told him she hasn't seen me so relaxed...ever. That's saying a lot because I can be wound pretty tight and pack around anxiety like a pro.

And, for those of you who don't know me well, the second part about him being the picture subject of the trail map was meant to be a joke :D He grumbles every time he sees that picture (I do think it's pretty cool!) For me, it's been such a blessing to be accepted into his friend group (mostly ski industry people) some who I knew prior to meeting him, but most not. He and @4ster go back quite awhile, and we've had some really fun days skiing (Targhee as a bonus!) and biking together with him and other old ski buddies. I'm doing my best to be able to keep up with all those yahoos on skis. On the bike, it's not an issue. :P

It's also amusing to me that he'd probably tuned my skis a time or two WELL before we ever met.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Most ski school members I've known are friendly and welcoming. It's part of the makeup of folks who like to help other folks have fun. When my wife and I married 47 years ago, I turned her over to the other instructors where I was working. Worked out great. I only ever say anything (other than "nice turns!!") about her skiing when she asks how I do something.

So now you get free tuning!!!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats! May every turn in life give you both the giggles.

Sponsor