• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

vindibona1

Getting on the lift
Instructor
Unless I get an unexpected trip west, I think my season is done as of yesterday. We skied Devil's Head in Wisconsin yesterday. And while the morning started off at 23° by the afternoon it was 50° and quite slushy. Today it's 65°. In this area they aren't predicting any temps above freezing for the week. Mid March is when the areas around here generally close anyway, sometimes even when there is plenty of snow left, but not enough skiers to warrant the operating costs.

For me it was a pretty good season. Even at this age and experience level I'm still learning new things. I even learned something about my stance yesterday which I think the new boots led me to. I'm going to have to do an end of the year journal entry to remember this and some other things. My three point approach to ski teaching has become even more solidified and I would like to think that I've taught a few good lessons this year.

The end of the season has sadly come and gone far too quickly. But if anyone wants to invite me to their demo conclave and put me up- I'm in :). I'm happy that I found this forum and will hang around a bit more until I have to move on mentally until next season, and hope that someone might have gotten something from my small contribution.

TheFife

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I skied Welch Village near Minneapolis yesterday and it will be my last day. Temps in the mid 50s and no relief in the foreseeable future. The snow is slush and we won't be getting more. Its a bummer as I expected to get another couple weekends.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
PSIA-Central's spring fling thing is in Park City next month.

TS
vindibona1

vindibona1

Getting on the lift
Instructor
PSIA-Central's spring fling thing is in Park City next month.

I know... I have a couple of colleagues going. Unfortunately this year I'm a bit cash poor having just done a renovation on my condo...and still $5k away from completion...and haven't even touched the bathrooms yet besides paint and light. It's funny, but it feels like my season just started when I got my new boots. I got 6 days on them and would really love to give them a mountain workout where I can really break them in. Oh well... probably next year.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
They haven't officially thrown in the towel but Perfect North is closed all week with warm and wet weather on the way. I suspect with all the work going on at Timberline they are ready to call it a season in Indiana. The conditions were pretty awful on most terrain this weekend. Fortunately the beginner terrain was decent and I was able to get my wife back on skis before going to Snowshoe and Copper Mountain.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
When I lived in Minnesota, many moons ago.. places with good snowmaking were happy to make it through St Patrick's Day weekend as their end of season party target. A few would hang on til the end of March with one lift spinning limited hours if people were still paying for tickets. Usually ski school would do their super cheap learn to ski packages about that time as well.

irishnc

Booting up
Skier
Hidden Valley (outside of Saint Louis) closed yesterday. It's been skiing on slushie for the past 2 weeks during the day.

Attachments

• image_Lodge_202003081709.jpg
    image_Lodge_202003081709.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 25

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah I've been skiing in the Twin Cities for 10 years not and I'd say the average last weekend is March 20th. This season will be a bit earlier but it was a mild winter overall and the last 2 weeks have had a lot of sunshine and above freezing temps.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Final three months of the season are my favorite - come and get it before it melts.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, in SE Michigan this is the last week for Mt. Brighton. A buddy just pinged me about going to Park City after Easter and I'm inclined to go. Haven't been paying attention to conditions out there though.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
PCMR just got a bit of freshies. No real meltdown yet except on my yard, 18 miles south of the ski area.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Nubs Nob is skiing really well with a lot of base and bits of fresh stuff coming.
I will be there if the visibility is decent .
Closing on April 6 I think.

Sponsor

Staff online