• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Identify the Outback

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm a Subaru Crosstrek gal thru and thru. I've never cared for the Outback mainly because i didn't love the body style. Until today that is.... this outback was parked at our condo in VT this am and I love it. Not sure if it's the olive green color or the extra black bumpers all around.

My first thought was this was the wilderness model but I didn't want to assume that just because of the color.

Any idea what trim this is?

SmartSelect_20220618-150725_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20220618-150707_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-150439_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-150439_Gallery.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20220618-150411_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-150411_Gallery.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 29
  • SmartSelect_20220618-150735_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220618-150735_Gallery.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 25

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like a premium model, Wilderness has a lot more body panels and is not worth the price. As someone who owns both a Crosstrek and an Outback I am happier with my Outback due to the amount of room I have for carrying just about anything. That being said the Crosstrek is a much more enjoyable driving experience due to its shorter frame and wheel base.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Looks like a premium model, Wilderness has a lot more body panels and is not worth the price. As someone who owns both a Crosstrek and an Outback I am happier with my Outback due to the amount of room I have for carrying just about anything. That being said the Crosstrek is a much more enjoyable driving experience due to its shorter frame and wheel base.

Thanks. I adore my crosstrek. I can't tell you how many pairs of skis and snowboards plus tailgating stuff I fit in here. It's indeed a great vehicle and as you said quite a nice ride. My initial plan is to drive my crosstrek to 200,000 miles and then trade it in. She's 4 years old and has 87,000 on it. I love fun colored cars and I'm bummed the orange is no longer available.

My pumpkin and i have been together for 4 years. I tend to get a bit of a wandering eye around this time. Was looking at Foresters but thought the color choices were lackluster.

In the meantime my crosstrek and I are dandy.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think I've come uppn a compromise with myself. This color I love so much is available in the forester in the limited trim with all the options I want.

One thing I didn't want to lose was the dual screen and I can retain this with the forester. Plus I'll gain dual front seat climate control and a heated steering wheel in my color so win win.

Timing will be tricky because I want to do this in December when I get my bonus. However, by this time I'll already have my snow tires on. I have snows in 16" so I'll just need to make sure they'll gp on the forester ok. Plus my stock rims will be stored at the tire place. Maybe what I'll do is hold off on putting my snows on. This way ill drive to the dealership with my stock tires and it'll be an easier trade. Then when I get my new car I'll put the snows on.

I just checked my local dealership and they don't have my color. I'll poke around more, maybe I'll end up ordering it since I've got the time.

Still a little on the fence because the love for my orange crosstrek runs deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: nay

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Too bad the Outback has gotten some embiggening potion and is now too big to consider for street parking in an urban area.

Also: #Team3Pedals4EVA

Looking at a 6-speed MT Crosstrek for me. Can't be choosy on the color, sadly, but needs must - and with winter beckoning the old A4 Quattro needs to be sent to pasture.

Sponsor

Staff online