• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you caught a bike thief in action, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
This has been on my mind a lot lately. I had some stuff stolen a few weeks back and had video evidence, was able to track the thief to their house (stolen stuff had GPS) and they even left their garage door opener on my patio by mistake so I could open their house. Instead of vigilante justice, I called the police who came and knocked on the house once (of course no one answered), took the garage door opener from me and said there was nothing they would do for my theft which was only worth a few hundred bucks. So here I trusted the system and I got nothing for it. So I say I will protect my property next time and confront thieves with a gun and people say I will get charged for murder. So what am I supposed to do? Police aren't doing anything about petty theft anymore in my city and many others. They are understaffed and just don't have the time which I understand. Criminals know this now too and activity is stepping up in these places. Look at San Francisco as a prime example. So again what can I do?
Actual truth and facts about crime, instead of sensationalized video of outrageous events:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online