• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you at least got through step 1, you could write your "having a great time, wish (glad) you were (aren't) here," snap photos of both sides and email/message them.
Brilliant!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Iconic views yes

But the bling is totally mess

Simply Ikon-ick!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Got my bling packet today and I have to say I am more excited about this season than many in the past. Now if the cold and the snow would just show up some time soon... :drool:

I bought 3 passes (Ikon, A-Basin mid-week, and LL) and still feel like it was a good deal. On paper, you would think having access to Copper, WP/MJ, A-Basin, and LL should provide a ton of options no matter which way a storm rolls into CO. I also hope to get to Taos, Jackson, and possibly Aspen. It's hard to deny the value I should get out of the Ikon pass. Bling or no bling. ;)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got my bling a couple days ago. I like me some stickers but I'd never put an Ikon sticker on my helmet. The Locals may see it, tie me to a lift tower and throw iceballs at my head.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Still haven't gotten the bling packet for the two passes I bought.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think I'd put an Ikon or Epic sticker on my helmet... I'm just not particularly loyal or care about the pass products as a brand. I might put particular resorts stickers on my helmet, as that makes more sense to me. But for now, the only sticker on my helmet is a PugSki one.

Ken in LA

Pulling down the safety bar
Skier
Personally, I thought the marketing collateral was nicely done. The color scheme and graphic design is attractive. I also appreciated Altera’s rephrasing of the classic powder day mantra “All friends on a powder day.” Considering the divisiveness that permeates today’s society, messages encouraging friendship are very welcome.

One thing that was included in last year‘s packet that is missing this year is the map I thought that was a really nice touch last I still have mine from last year hanging in my gear closet.

I am mailing my Ikon postcards to some ski buddies hoping they can join me on trips this season.

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Aaaack. No wonder we didn't get our wonderful/awful bling packet … They never registered my spring renewal/purchase. Ouch. Now I have to pay retail. I know I went through the process online; just didn't keep track of receipt or confirmation.

So, if you expected to have your pass/package by now and haven't got it, check to make sure your purchase went through!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Aaaack. No wonder we didn't get our wonderful/awful bling packet … They never registered my spring renewal/purchase. Ouch. Now I have to pay retail. I know I went through the process online; just didn't keep track of receipt or confirmation.

So, if you expected to have your pass/package by now and haven't got it, check to make sure your purchase went through!
Ouch!

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Geeze, I have an Epic Local Pass with a 21 year old photo.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still haven't gotten the bling packet for the two passes I bought.

+1 still waiting for mine too.

They've been charging my credit card on the payment plan all summer. I better be registered.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
+1 still waiting for mine too.

They've been charging my credit card on the payment plan all summer. I better be registered.

I did an online chat with them and they say they just shipped the passes out to us last week, so all is probably fine.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Just came today.

Sponsor

Staff online