• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I was browsing Costco's "This Week's Treasure Hunt" and came across this.
That 20% Costco Cash Card brings the effective price down to $799, less than the original $899. Quite an incentive for someone still considering a multi mountain pass.

upload_2018-7-1_10-6-37.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well that's a big " F you" from Alterra to anyone who invested before the early deadline. Say what you like about Vail but Epic is pretty good at price integrity ( bar the mid season deals chucked out at SIA)

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I guess one "perk" of the early season price (compared to this deal) would be the savings on kids passes. $250 a kid adds up.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is no deal for the $599 pass. IMHO, I am not sure I would have spent the extra (net) $200.00 for the full pass. But I will say that I am surprised.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe says something about sales so far? And/or they are going after the Costco demographic?

Doing Costco road shows through the fall seems like a no-brainer in their large markets like Denver.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There is no deal for the $599 pass. IMHO, I am not sure I would have spent the extra (net) $200.00 for the full pass. But I will say that I am surprised.

I wonder if sales on the pricier pass were a bit flat. I am one of the people who could really benefit from the full pass, but even I decided it wasn't worth an extra $300 for two extra non-blacked-out dates at Aspen. I guess if you know you are spending the holidays at Aspen or wherever, you would do it, but if you're spending a week at Aspen at Christmas, a couple hundred bucks here or there ain't no big thang.

Stev

Orange Mocha Frappuccino
Skier
Interesting deal. I'd be tempted if I didn't already have four other passes for next season which include a Mountain Collective.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I actually don't mind if sales are a wee flat. Sure I think it's a good deal but whiney as I am the RMSP+ was a less costly solution for a Midwesterner with limited time west

Maybe a option next year with an added alternative... Or Lowered price

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This! We bought the $599 Pass and I’m not sure we would have taken this deal instead, but it would have been nice to have the option.
Contact them and see if you can upgrade with this.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Don't feel bad about the extra $100 I coulda saved. Got 4 week of spring skiing out of it already.
I think many of the folks who bought early got several days in and likely feel the same.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Paging @Muleski Does this promotion change your mind about Alterra?

I’m frankly too close to a few things in the ski world these days, and I can’t post about them.
No changes of opinion on my part. None. Can’t go there.
Alterra, Boyne, MTN, O-Z, USST, WC.....I’m pretty much out on here on those topics.
I will say that a lot of people overthink every single “move” by MTN, Alterra, etc. I understand why. Fun to speculate, and challenge things. And assume they’re the same.
I have agreed to back off on this, in writing.
Cheers.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Dunno - was just focused on why they were marketing it based on Norquay which is hardly a core resort for them although scenic. Never let reality get in the way of a good image.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well that's a big " F you" from Alterra to anyone who invested before the early deadline. Say what you like about Vail but Epic is pretty good at price integrity ( bar the mid season deals chucked out at SIA)

My wife will send an email to them, hopefully others do the same. We bought 2 adult and 2 kid passes at the early rate, so I don't know how much the costco discount would have saved us.

Sponsor

Staff online