• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
And no Crested Butte. CB was a headline resort on the RMSP+ and now looks to be out on its own, or maybe on the Mountain Collective?

Assuming IKON is exclusive, there are not many destination resorts remaining for a Mountain Collective Pass:
  • Taos
  • Crested Butte
  • Snowbasin
  • Sun Valley
  • ?????

Take a look at the two tables in this article. The second one compares 64 resorts in MAX, Mountain Collective and IKON.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A lot more expensive? Wasn't the early price on the RSMP+ about $500? I guess $500 -> $599 is a substantial percentage but I think it's a reasonably comparable price, and the Ikon base pass has much better bonus days at other mountains than the RSMP+ did.

I am bummed to be losing the 3 days at CB, though.

Oh yeah, clearly I was thinking of the $899 version, which is more in line with the Epic Pass price. Never mind. lol

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Deer Valley, here I come! :D

(I'm glad I waited -- well my wallet is glad for the wait that is)

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of the same resorts will still be on the Mtn Collective, though, won't they? I can't remember which ones, but I think I remember Jackson Hole will remain.
I don't recall seeing anything about the Mountain Collective other than Telluride saying it wouldn't be on it. I certainly could have missed it, though.

No recent mention of Mountain Collective on JH's press release page:
https://www.jacksonhole.com/latest-news.html

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two words got my attention..."starting at" Does this mean that a. prices are going to go up at some point b. If you want a full pass at one of the resorts that there are restrictions there will be upgrade options? Also, at any point can you upgrade from a Base Pass to the full Ikon Pass? Lastly, What if you go over your restricted resort days, what are the costs? 25% off like a F&F or maybe 50% off?

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Two words got my attention..."starting at" Does this mean that a. prices are going to go up at some point b. If you want a full pass at one of the resorts that there are restrictions there will be upgrade options? Also, at any point can you upgrade from a Base Pass to the full Ikon Pass? Lastly, What if you go over your restricted resort days, what are the costs? 25% off like a F&F or maybe 50% off?
My read of the "starting at" implies the spring sale price, which will go up as the season marches on...

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Since this Ikon pass seems to cover the Mountain Collective resorts, do you think the Mountain Collective Pass is going to go away?

The Ikon seems like a better deal for Colorado skiers, whereas the MTC was spread out more evenly.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Since this Ikon pass seems to cover the Mountain Collective resorts, do you think the Mountain Collective Pass is going to go away?

The Ikon seems like a better deal for Colorado skiers, whereas the MTC was spread out more evenly.

What I read was that, no, it won't, but that doesn't mean anything.

"...As part of its move to the Epic Pass, Telluride will withdraw from the Mountain Collective Pass for next winter. Ikon Pass resorts such as Jackson Hole, Aspen and Snowbird, however, will be remaining within the Mountain Collective." https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...skiers-real-rival-vails-epic-pass/1070807001/

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like you just about have to be a CPA to figure it out.

No benefit to me at Sun Valley with its $1900+ pass and no senior discount. I may have to move, maybe to Whitefish where I can ski for free. Except I don't like clouds and fog.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And no Crested Butte. CB was a headline resort on the RMSP+ and now looks to be out on its own, or maybe on the Mountain Collective?

Assuming IKON is exclusive, there are not many destination resorts remaining for a Mountain Collective Pass:
  • Taos
  • Crested Butte
  • Snowbasin
  • Sun Valley
  • ?????

Yeah and of course Taos wasn't going to ever be on Ikon because it isn't an Alterra resort ... I'm just conflating all MY OWN NEEDS here.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Per the FAQs on their site,
Passes are subject to price increases and may go off sale.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I still can't find anything about this. There probably isn't anything above the 25% off (assuming you can even use F&F for yourself) because they are giving up to 7 days. MCP just gave 2.

aerojack

Putting on skis
Skier
Passes at the Alterra owned individual resorts are dead now? Last year WP pass was 409 + kids pass free...so almost twice as expensive for me now for a bunch of mountains I'll not use.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
True, and I am forgetting that for a lot of the Front Range market, this just makes the RMSP a lot more expensive.

Oh yeah, clearly I was thinking of the $899 version, which is more in line with the Epic Pass price. Never mind. lol

Looked up last year's price.

upload_2018-2-22_10-10-54.png

For me, I'm going to wait a bit and see if Copper and Eldora do a pass that just covers those 2. I'll be in school and highly doubt I'll do much other than those plus maybe a day or two at Loveland/Abasin. If I weren't going to be in school I'd absolutely do the base pass.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Very compelling product! I expect they will ratchet prices up with time and demand. It's good to have a comparable option to the epic pass out there now.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Passes at the Alterra owned individual resorts are dead now? Last year WP pass was 409 + kids pass free...so almost twice as expensive for me now for a bunch of mountains I'll not use.

I don't think that is a given. You could still buy both an RMSP and a plain ol' WP pass last year; I think this just replaces the RMSP, not the individual resort pass. Now, what that price will be...

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Looked up last year's price.

View attachment 40019

For me, I'm going to wait a bit and see if Copper and Eldora do a pass that just covers those 2. I'll be in school and highly doubt I'll do much other than those plus maybe a day or two at Loveland/Abasin. If I weren't going to be in school I'd absolutely do the base pass.

They have a college student discount, maybe you can get that for being in school.