• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I'm From Everywhere, Man

ELDoane

Gravity Fed, Beer Cooled
Skier
Exiled from VT, trying to ski off the Capitol Dome
OK, so it's not exactly the right lyric, but it works.

Grew up in VT, but been an Army guy for a couple decades and that gets you around. Back home for one more season, usual mountains are Stowe and Jay for the most part, but you'll catch me skinning at Bolton, dawn runs up Smuggs, and Teardrop when life is good. Also teach the afterschool groms at Cochran's when I can. T-bar!

Lived in Oregon (good skiing!), Georgia (bad skiing!), Washington State (good skiing!), Washington, DC (meh skiing!), and lovely VT (terrible skiing, seriously, tourists should all go to upstate NY, much better!)

Current quiver - Liberty V76 (new purchase), DPS Cassiar A87, J Skis The Metal, DPS Wailer A112, Dynastar Cham 97 (tele, which I suck at). The DPS rigs are fitted with Shifts and are my touring sticks.

Clearly, I have a problem. Particularly considering I'm eyeballing a set of Kastle FX 96HPs online marked down to $500....

Cheers!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome. Not a ton of Jay skiers here. It used to be my go to hill.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I get it. Just starting the moves AFTER I started skiing. Moved from Minnesota to Oklahoma for college (Several trips to CO and NM). Moved from Oklahoma to Long Island and skied Huntahh and a few places in VT and NH. Moved from NY to Texas and only got out a couple times, Taos and a trip back to MN to hang with old friends and family. Then fast forward to now in NC. Better than Minnesota but not as good as CO and NM.

Welcome. I had a long gap, dry spell and only skied a couple times from 1990 to 2006 and was still on 80s gear all through those 90s. I had a lot of catching up to do and tried a lot of different skis before settling on what I really like.. Got a quiver well over 10 pars but only 2-3 pairs get used regularly.

Hootbmx

Booting up
Skier
Yes, thank you for your service! Be careful with getting those Kastles (and Stocklis too)....since I have started skiing them, I' finding myself buying duplicates of the same ski when I see them on sale just to have as a backups. This has never happened to me with other skis. This problem of mine started last year when I first got on a MX89, MX99, and a Stockli Laser AX...now I have 2 pairs of each one of these skis! I have a major problem I think and I better not try anything else from Kastle or Stockli or my wife will shoot me!

Sponsor

Staff online