• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Immense sense of relief

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
I was squatting 2.5 weeks ago, heavy, when I felt a sharp pain in my left knee. I racked the weight and thought, that was weird. I haven't lifted since. Over the next few days, the pain got worse and I started experiencing clicking. I thought "uh-oh, this is probably a meniscus" (I tore the right meniscus 2 years ago and had surgery), so I called the doc and scheduled a visit. Well, the pain went away and the only thing left is clicking. Saw the doc yesterday and he told me it's not a tear. It's minor arthritis. Told me to stop squatting heavy and don't do anything to aggravate it.

I'm going to follow his advice. I'll start squatting again next week with light weights and see how it feels. I think my heavy squat days are over. I also think I will now do cardio on my ergometer, drop all of this extra luggage I've got weighing me down, and start prepping for ski season. Thank God it wasn't my meniscus! And no more excuses.

Bill

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
"That thing that you are doing that make your knee hurt? Don't do that".--Doctor

Glad you are OK.

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was squatting 2.5 weeks ago, heavy, when I felt a sharp pain in my left knee. I racked the weight and thought, that was weird. I haven't lifted since. Over the next few days, the pain got worse and I started experiencing clicking. I thought "uh-oh, this is probably a meniscus" (I tore the right meniscus 2 years ago and had surgery), so I called the doc and scheduled a visit. Well, the pain went away and the only thing left is clicking. Saw the doc yesterday and he told me it's not a tear. It's minor arthritis. Told me to stop squatting heavy and don't do anything to aggravate it.

I'm going to follow his advice. I'll start squatting again next week with light weights and see how it feels. I think my heavy squat days are over. I also think I will now do cardio on my ergometer, drop all of this extra luggage I've got weighing me down, and start prepping for ski season. Thank God it wasn't my meniscus! And no more excuses.

Bill

Hope all goes well. I would suggest form reviews by coaches who know. It is a safe lift but it's all about about technique. Even experienced lifters keep "eyes on". Good luck

Sponsor

Staff online