• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In case of boredom - Click This

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Having watched every video ever made about skiing already, the YouTube algorithm deemed me worthy of receiving the best POV skiing video ever: Dominic Policaro's ColoradoCamera076 YT channel is a real gem. I didn't know you could ski that fast in the trees...

Some cool footage of Silverton, Loveland, Copper and a bunch of other Colorado areas.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Having watched every video ever made about skiing already, the YouTube algorithm deemed me worthy of receiving the best POV skiing video ever: Dominic Policaro's ColoradoCamera076 YT channel is a real gem. I didn't know you could ski that fast in the trees...

Some cool footage of Silverton, Loveland, Copper and a bunch of other Colorado areas.

What trees? Looked mostly wooded glades. :P

In which ski as fast as we dare, keeping in mind that the trees never bluff and the dead ones will neither move nor bend even a millimeter. At least the dead ones don't have tree wells.

Ski buddy used to insist on always skiing into the tightest gap visible. Claimed that was the best way to find freshies as no-one else went that way. He was a big unit so easy to follow in his wake of destruction.

TS
Fuller

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Some of the other videos have much tighter trees, enormous moguls, mandatory air and all the other cool things that I can't do. The POV aspect kind of resets my idea of what is possible if you have the skills. Also, there are some shots where his shadow shows just how committed the upper body has to be the fall line. Good summertime binge watching for sure.

TS
Fuller

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Tough room....

Not enough trees you say? Here's some from just a few weeks ago at A Basin. There's a lot of other videos too...

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
That's a seriously nice thing to say @geepers ! Are you trying to get to the top of my Christmas card list? That's a pretty good way of going about it..... Thanks so much!

Like seeing those adventures. Looks like great conditions and an interesting travel experience. At the very least shows there's alternatives if we ever get priced out of the mainstream ski countries.

Aussie guy I know does something similar although less frequently. Had some good vids/images from a couple of trips to Kashmir including one occasion when hostilities broke out with Pakistan and they witnessed jets dogfighting for real with a shootdown. Even in resort he's that guy skiing those weird side trips that involve motor vehicle returns.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Like seeing those adventures. Looks like great conditions and an interesting travel experience. At the very least shows there's alternatives if we ever get priced out of the mainstream ski countries.

Aussie guy I know does something similar although less frequently. Had some good vids/images from a couple of trips to Kashmir including one occasion when hostilities broke out with Pakistan and they witnessed jets dogfighting for real with a shootdown. Even in resort he's that guy skiing those weird side trips that involve motor vehicle returns.

Cheers! Yes, I'm all about exploring places that are under the radar. I'd like to do more in the 'Stans after the Uzbekistan trip went so well. There's a lot of potential in that part of the world.

Who's your Aussie friend from Gulmarg? I've done 10 winters in Gulmarg (not full seasons), so I know most of the Aussies there. I was there in 2019 when the Indian and Pakistani air forces went at it and it was definitely a tense time. Kashmir was effectively shut off as there are no land routes out in the winter time and the airspace was closed down to commercial traffic, so we were stuck.

We kept skiing as there was nothing else to do, watching the planes patrolling up and down the Line of Control. Thankfully it was all over in a couple of days and the situation improved quickly, but it was pretty stressful for a few days..... not sure if you read my Gulmarg TR from 2019? Here it is if you haven't - https://www.skitalk.com/threads/gulmarg-2019-trip-report-himalayas.14249/.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cheers! Yes, I'm all about exploring places that are under the radar. I'd like to do more in the 'Stans after the Uzbekistan trip went so well. There's a lot of potential in that part of the world.

Who's your Aussie friend from Gulmarg? I've done 10 winters in Gulmarg (not full seasons), so I know most of the Aussies there. I was there in 2019 when the Indian and Pakistani air forces went at it and it was definitely a tense time. Kashmir was effectively shut off as there are no land routes out in the winter time and the airspace was closed down to commercial traffic, so we were stuck.

We kept skiing as there was nothing else to do, watching the planes patrolling up and down the Line of Control. Thankfully it was all over in a couple of days and the situation improved quickly, but it was pretty stressful for a few days..... not sure if you read my Gulmarg TR from 2019? Here it is if you haven't - https://www.skitalk.com/threads/gulmarg-2019-trip-report-himalayas.14249/.

That 2019 description fits the time frame as far as I know. PM you.

TS
Fuller

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
"Imagine you're standing on the edge of an infinite forest..."

Last edited:

Sponsor