• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In Historic Move, Vail Resorts Reduces All Pass Prices by 20 Percent Toward Goal of "Epic for Everyone"

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This should help Doug Fish's Indy Pass.

Good guy, great concept.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went Epic again so I could hope to get back up to Stowe next winter a bunch of times.....Hunter Sundays and take a couple trips west......

Cols714

Booting up
Skier
Whelp. I was going to do IKON but the price drop pushed me to Epic. What a world. These are crazy good prices for ski passes.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I'll be going Epic again. The local hills are Epic. The resort of choice for my group's meetup is Epic. The price drop is a nice bonus.

Has there been any word on when/whether there will be a price increase?

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Surprise. I just received a $3.97 refund for closures during last year's core season. I wonder how many days that was for?

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
20% off is kind of an insult to many people in the northeast that got hosed last season, and I wouldn't trust doing business with them in the future at any percentage off.

The bait and switch pass insurance marketing they used last year to sell passes is shameful. They should have considered credits for folks on a case by case basis given each state was operating under different restrictions. Unless you live in a state with a resort, you were subject to rules that made it impossible to use the pass.

Epic can't make one post on social media without getting attacked with comments from unhappy customers, and frankly, they deserve it.

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Hopefully this means that Vail is getting desperate
I think it means they are being more successful by selling more passes and tickets and their resorts will be more crowded than ever.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This news in the Colorado Sun
So they lowered pass prices by 20% and sold 50% more passes. That's probably a pretty big revenue gain. Although since they include Epic Day passes in those numbers along with all the other pass products, it's hard to tell what kind of revenue gain they actually got. I suppose we'll see once they release the season financials.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I received a $200 gift card from Epic for filling out their survey. Not sure if everybody got this or I actually won something. Too bad it arrived the day after Epic Passes stopped being sold. I might have used it to buy a pass.

Sponsor

Staff online