• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0025.JPG
@Tricia and I are in the early stages of our western U.S. trip and while visiting @AmyPJ and @utskier we took a slight detour and stopped at Snowbasin for a S.S.Pugski photo opp. As we pulled into the parking lot we saw some low slung very foreign exotic machines with the star (for me) was a Ferrari Enzo. I thought the F50 we saw a few years back in Reno was a scarce and rare car but an Enzo...and particularly this Enzo with it's storied history far overshadows that and other than the 250GTO that sold at Mecum for $70,000,000.

When we stopped to look at the Enzo a few things immediately stood out with me on this car that it was not your typical garage queen. First, was the toe hook on the front bumper, that was an indication that this car sees some track days. Next was the front bumper itself, not only did it not have a clear bra, there were chips in the paint and the whole front was covered in dead bugs. Again another clue that this was not a garage queen. The air intakes....while they weren't packed with pine needles, there were more in there than I have in any of our cars and we park a lot in forests that are full of Pondorosa Pines. This car looked to be as close to a daily driver that I have ever seen with a Ferrari. We took our pics and went on our merry way.

On the way out of Snowbasin, @Tricia Googled "7007 Enzo" and this is where we started to get really interested in the car so we circled back for more pics. These articles are well worth reading. There are some good tidbits on the owner, the cars history including it's speed runs and a near death experience for the car and driver, the ressurrection with the additions of two turbos creating 1,400 Bhp and it's land speed records..and more.

Google links:
Road & Track
Jalopnik
Drivetribe

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

MM Enzo : Most Miles Enzo
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG

A bit of panel gap.
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

Toe hook and pine needle debris
IMG_0018.JPG

No, I didn't tag it. ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was hard to pull Phil away from this car.
IMG_0014.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Before I looked at your links and saw owner's name (Richard Losee), I was trying to guess the owner by the hat on dashboard:
Country singer Jason Aldean?
jason-aldean.jpg

Ghost of Burt Reynolds with hat band replaced?
burt-reynolds-smokey-and-the-bandit-1132341-1280x0.jpeg

Nah, McConaughey drives Lincolns?
8c6083c040256e2d68a09fb2fdbed98a.jpg

Rocker Bret Michaels?
3351c47e15bd01078cf6.jpeg

But Cher might be winner??
6a7c9efdbc118346ec2d843d5898b3ee.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been reading about Richard Losee and his Enzo for several years in Road and Track. It’s nice to know someone who got to see the car in person.

James

Out There
Instructor
That’s a gorgeous car.

At least he hasn’t trashed it by doing 162mph on the Pch in Malibu, getting launched by a bump and hitting a pole.
CDC0C5D3-7491-4D1C-88C1-1DAC9BCFF96F.jpeg

https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28-story.html

That car was eventually rebuilt, certified by Ferrari, and sold for $1.75 million in 2016.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/20/11059532/ferrari-enzo-stefan-eriksson-gizmondo-auction

Many years ago I got a ride in a 250 GTO. Really a race car, fire suppression system,the doors were super light, not much to them. I think the side windows were plastic sliding but I can’t remember. It did have fiberglass liners in the wheel wells to keep little stones from denting the body when driving on the street.

It was owned by a family that had quite the Ferrari collection at that time. They were close with Luigi Chinetti who was the first Ferrari dealer in the US and won driving for Ferrari at LeMans in the late 40’s early 50’s.

Last edited:

DanishRider

Getting off the lift
Skier
I actually had the pleasure to drive this on track, and wow this is a beast. This were at the time (2002) the car closest to a street legal Formula 1 car, and a rare one to be in. Only 399 were ever made of this car, and if anyone are interested in a spanking new one, it can be found in the basement of the Ferrari daler in Copenhagen (of the two in Denmark). At the time you could not just go get it, but have to be invited to get a shot at it. So you must previously have owned 2 Ferraris, been on the Scuderia race course, and then be invited to buy the car by Ferrari - So really just for the real fans out there. Many call it F60 (Like the F40 and F50), a name giving to celebrate the birthday of Ferrari like they did every 10 years, but in fact the F60 was never made, and this car was to celebrate Enzo Ferrari himself :)
For track days, they also made the FXX version - A car you can never have. Actually you buy it, and then Ferrari store it for you, and keeps updating the car, and then on specific days they are gonna bring your car to the track, where you can drive it - But taking it home? No way :)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I actually had the pleasure to drive this on track, and wow this is a beast. This were at the time (2002) the car closest to a street legal Formula 1 car, and a rare one to be in. Only 399 were ever made of this car, and if anyone are interested in a spanking new one, it can be found in the basement of the Ferrari daler in Copenhagen (of the two in Denmark). At the time you could not just go get it, but have to be invited to get a shot at it. So you must previously have owned 2 Ferraris, been on the Scuderia race course, and then be invited to buy the car by Ferrari - So really just for the real fans out there. Many call it F60 (Like the F40 and F50), a name giving to celebrate the birthday of Ferrari like they did every 10 years, but in fact the F60 was never made, and this car was to celebrate Enzo Ferrari himself :)
For track days, they also made the FXX version - A car you can never have. Actually you buy it, and then Ferrari store it for you, and keeps updating the car, and then on specific days they are gonna bring your car to the track, where you can drive it - But taking it home? No way :)

So why did you get to drive it? Friends with the dealer? Ferrari owner? Work for Ferrari? And which track? I'd like to hear more.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Track: KTI ind Denmark

Reason: Got a Scuderia Track course by my employer, because i have been Racing for many years ( since age 15), and they believed i deserved it

Fun Fact: I liked the F430 Scuderia track car more (the one Michael Schumacher helped make track ready)

I -- and numerous other Pugskiers -- hate you a little bit, in the kindest, gentlest way. ;)

That must have been an amazing experience!

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That’s a gorgeous car.

At least he hasn’t trashed it by doing 162mph on the Pch in Malibu, getting launched by a bump and hitting a pole.
View attachment 80198
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-ferrari28feb28-story.html

That car was eventually rebuilt, certified by Ferrari, and sold for $1.75 million in 2016.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/20/11059532/ferrari-enzo-stefan-eriksson-gizmondo-auction

”Tjock-Steffe” — a notirious gangster from ”Uppsala-maffian”, a gang of criminals from north of Stockholm, crashed that Enzo in Malibu.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Before I looked at your links and saw owner's name (Richard Losee), I was trying to guess the owner by the hat on dashboard:
Country singer Jason Aldean?
jason-aldean.jpg

Ghost of Burt Reynolds with hat band replaced?
burt-reynolds-smokey-and-the-bandit-1132341-1280x0.jpeg

Nah, McConaughey drives Lincolns?
8c6083c040256e2d68a09fb2fdbed98a.jpg

Rocker Bret Michaels?
3351c47e15bd01078cf6.jpeg

But Cher might be winner??
6a7c9efdbc118346ec2d843d5898b3ee.jpg

Maybe the owner is:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I kinda liked this one, biggest issue was remembering that it was about 9 inches wider than the 911 I had at the time, especially on the lanes around Maranello...:)

DSC02018.JPG
DSC02020.JPG

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I produced a cable show on hobby racing back in back in 2004 and we were at Lime Rock in CT. Saw and shot a historic GT that had been raced a lot and had last sold for 8-mil. Was certainly not super clean and was still getting run around tracks. We interviewed the guy who was driving it and he had borrowed it from his friend.

Also saw and shot a super clean Enzo there. I later went to a local dealership in Greenwich, CT to learn more about the car for our show. Basically, as stated in previous posts, the Enzo was built to be a street legal version of Ferrari's Formula 1 car. A limited number were manufactured and you had to be a "good" customer in order to be allowed to drop $600K on one. Rare case of a car that gains in value as soon as you buy it new.

Sponsor