• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Independence Day Celebration -- What do YOU do?

Independence Day Celebration

• Fireworks - Watching

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Fireworks - Shooting

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Picnic/Barbeque

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Beer/Wine/Spirits

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Parade

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Outdoors (Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Boating, etc)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Your choice (list)

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
We are usually camping somewhere off grid but this year we'll be leaving on the 7th for points north. I've been told that going camping on the 4th would be too close to leaving on our big summer trip. :rolleyes:
You can ensure there's no repeat of this ban in future years -- "Since we're going to be at home for the 4th this year, I invited (list 12-20 people) over for a cookout. Let me know if there's something I can do to help out."

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Normally it's cheering for friends in various fun runs in the area, picnic with the run group in the afternoon, and occasionally meet up with friends and their kids to watch fireworks. This year I'll be studying for the bar exam.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Canada Day , July 1, is Friday this year. I'm going golfing early, and hopefully back in time for the parade which passes by the end of my street. Have some friends over for dinner bbq, a few libations, and go to watch the fireworks, which are in the park at the other end of my street. I love fireworks!!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two words that seem diametrically opposed to each other.

I get it. Although the Superior Downhill Mile is about as fun as you can get in a fun run. Lots of fast people and then the kids. Some of which appear like they are dying, others are just having a blast. You know, I might just need to get myself over there to cheer before I dig in. My favorite family that I usually help corral kids for (parents run with the 2 younger ones, I collect the oldest at the finish until they get there) moved away last summer so I hadn't planned on going but I do really love the event and it's over fast.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Having friends over for a barbecue and celebrating getting rid of those DARNED BRITS! :ogbiggrin:
To be clear, anyone that says they are a Brit is English. The other parts of the islands would never put ourselves in that category!

and of course as a dual citizen, I am in a quandary. Am I supposed to celebrate or mourn? :huh::ogbiggrin:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
No fireworks in our village at the lake this year, there is a drone display instead. I suggested to the organizers that we could increase participation and also get a more realistic sound effect by inviting people to bring shotguns as well…..didnt go down too well….:ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
We'll try to control Muttley Meltdowns by closing all the windows and doors and putting the dog in the basement until the festivities are over. The early fireworks are making her go bonkers and we can't even take her for a walk this week. She hears something go off and makes a U-turn and heads back home.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
To be clear, anyone that says they are a Brit is English. The other parts of the islands would never put ourselves in that category!

and of course as a dual citizen, I am in a quandary. Am I supposed to celebrate or mourn? :huh::ogbiggrin:
You can do both.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Do I have enough Scotch?
Balvenie.jpg