• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Indoor wax

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any time I've skied in a fridge, snowdome, abomination, call it what you will, outside of a slipped course wherever the snow has not been compacted by traffic, the snow doesn't feel anything like snow - it has a sand-like quality to it, and if you ski into any piles that have formed, or a tripwire-like seam from recent snowmaking, it's like skiing into a sandpit. There have been times when I've pulled the plug because coming to a sudden stop halfway through a carve felt plain dangerous. I believe this is down to static, and could whack on some Dominator paste with all the graphite, but are there any other wax suggestions from people who ski this stuff regularly or know what they're doing?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Datawax Arctic Graphite Indoor

It's not just about static but also about tearout and changes in water content so in the regular waxes look for VERY hard ones. Like Dominator Psycho.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
When I show up there after guessing wrong I just ask them to adjust the thermostat cooler/warmer to match what I had gone with better..

TS
Z

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh yeah - does the crayon and ski off method still work for the very hard waxes?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bumpy crayon wax job is really good for spring snow.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid