• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Indy pass areas open in late April?

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone have an idea of any Indyskipass areas that are (typically) open in later April?
Our spring break is the third week of April this year.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Silver is a cool mountain, we biked ther 3 years ago. Would love to ski there.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Man that is a late spring break Slim wow... Not really good for a ski family...

I really wish a CO resort like Loveland would jump on the Indy Pass bandwagon. They seem like they would fit perfectly.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@focker , yes, very late for spring break. Still, in general we are pretty well set as ski family here in Duluth: 3 day MLK’ Day, 3 day weekend the follwinging weekend, week at Presidents and a week in April. A few years ago it was April 5 and onwards, that’s great.

Probably won’t be able to go Presidents week this year, due to busy hospital work for my wife, so plan on deferring our Ikon passes to next season.

Yes, I am surprised how few CO resorts are on Indypass

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Man that is a late spring break Slim wow... Not really good for a ski family...

I really wish a CO resort like Loveland would jump on the Indy Pass bandwagon. They seem like they would fit perfectly.
In Saskatchewan Spring Break isn't until mid or late April because spring doesn't actually arrive in the Canadian prairies much before then. Minnesota could be in the same boat.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In Saskatchewan Spring Break isn't until mid or late April because spring doesn't actually arrive in the Canadian prairies much before then. Minnesota could be in the same boat.
If we define “spring” as dry ground and warmer weather, then it would be June here. ;-).
For example, we are surly still XC skiing in April here at home.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
@focker , yes, very late for spring break. Still, in general we are pretty well set as ski family here in Duluth: 3 day MLK’ Day, 3 day weekend the follwinging weekend, week at Presidents and a week in April. A few years ago it was April 5 and onwards, that’s great.

Probably won’t be able to go Presidents week this year, due to busy hospital work for my wife, so plan on deferring our Ikon passes to next season.

Yes, I am surprised how few CO resorts are on Indypass

I saw airfare to Denver was $77 in April and quickly checked the Indy Pass site to see what resorts were in the state. None. That's pretty disappointing. IMO they need to work on getting a CO resort on to the pass. The west coast resorts are heavily slanted towards the Upper NW region of Idaho and Washington.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
The person behind the Indy Pass, Doug Fish, was interviewed on the Storm Skiing Podcast, where he explained that the reason that there aren't really any Colorado mountains on the pass is that almost every mountain in Colorado is already part of the:
  • Epic Pass
  • Ikon Pass
  • Powder Alliance
  • Freedom Pass
Of the major mountains in Colorado, the only one that I can think of that isn't part of any of these pass programs is Wolf Creek. They talked a bit on the podcast about how programs like the Powder Alliance and Freedom Pass are essentially reciprocal skiing agreements provide benefits to passholders, but don't compensate ski areas directly for people skiing at their area using these programs, and how some ski areas are starting to reevaluate these programs in favor of ones like the Indy Pass that provide direct compensation to ski areas for each time someone skis at your area on the Indy Pass. Long story short...it's possible that programs like the Powder Alliance or Freedom Pass could break down in favor of the Indy Pass, but we will have to wait and see.

Lift Blog

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
Mission Ridge will probably go through April 25th. Great mountain if they finish their summit lift project by then. Right now only half open due to that.

Sponsor

Staff online