• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Indy Pass Ski Safari - East

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If anyone's interested, I’m writing up a trip report here:

Oops - the pics don't show up very big when I link to it, so here they are.

Our room at the B&B
4499038F-9605-4EF8-96B1-8ED30B5939C6.jpeg

547FC7B1-727D-466A-A565-1472399EB888.jpeg

11FD502E-529E-47CF-A483-ADB341945A6D.jpeg

I have no idea how they got the bed up these stairs!

We decided to stop in Niagara Falls for the night.

A46E1A8D-BDF1-4221-B772-555522945E62.jpeg
Tomorrow it's on to Queensbury NY for the night, then skiing West Mountain Tuesday. After skiing we'll drive to VT, in preparation for Mad River Glen, Bolton Valley, and Jay Peak.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sounds like a great trip and off to a great start. Would like to go to Niagara falls one day.

I've heard great things about Bolton.

Would love to see you at Magic if you had the time.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Made it Queensbury today - West Mountain on the schedule for tomorrow. Then we'll see whether we can make the drive to @ilovepugs place afterwards, or if weather and good sense says we check back into our hotel here.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Report from West - deep, wet snow. Seems like it would be a fun place to ski if I could actually ski in this stuff. The ratio of runs to falls was skewed toward falls. But the last run was fall-free, and I’m still uninjured, so the day was successful. We probably only skied three hours, max, but it was exhausting what with the falling, the digging out from falling, the getting back up again, the falling, etc. etc. My poor husband got in some extra standing around time on each run.

Just a couple of pictures - arrival and departure.

BE2E3DDC-9C8C-426B-AE07-A08E821432AF.jpeg

DFBC2CA9-A320-41E3-B281-42041B1C2C55.jpeg

Made it to VT so tomorrow I attempt Mad River Glen. Then Bolton on Thursday and Friday, Jay Peak on Saturday, and then home.

James

Out There
Instructor
Magic is reporting 34 inches. If there’s ever a time to ski Magic, this is it. It’ll be tracked out almost completely when you get there.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today was at Mad River Glen - first time there, and it was one of the best, best, best ski days in my life. So much soft fluffy goodness - we did bumpy things all day long. MRG was on the ski list so that my husband would have a great day with someone to take him to all the good stuff (@ilovepugs doctor husband). I figured it would be hard for me but I could endure. So happy to be wrong, especially after yesterday. @DebbieSue drove up and skied with us, too.

What a great day. Tomorrow and Friday we’ll be at Bolton Valley, then Saturday at Jay Peak, and then back home from there.

9E8AB461-6961-4725-9BE0-6CE067C87ABC.jpeg

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bolton Valley yesterday and today, Jay Peak tomorrow. Then home. Had a good time with another Diva and her husband. They also had the Indy Pass and it was their first time at Bolton.

TS
Jenny

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Finished up the safari at Jay Peak - EXTREMELY firm conditions reigned, resulting in a shortened ski day. I could probably have dealt with the conditions if there were fewer people around, but we knew what we were getting into by going there on a Saturday. All good, though - we left early and got a good head start on the trip home.

Sponsor

Staff online