• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Inflation rate in skiing

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Those $275 lift tickets for sure help sell Ski & Stay lodging deals. The ski corp still gets big bucks for the wholesale price from the hotel and the hotel's guest gets to ski "almost for free". You gotta love marketing....or NOT.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Yesterday at Beaver Creek, I offered to let some friends use a couple of my Ski with a Friend lift ticket "discounts" which used to offer a nice savings. Now, 1 day was going for $242 ($33 0ff the $275 window price). They opted for a 3 day ticket which was over $800 each with taxes/fees, almost as much as I paid for a full Epic pass.
If they don't mind paying, I don't see any problem.

They could ski at A-basin or Loveland at half of that.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday at Beaver Creek, I offered to let some friends use a couple of my Ski with a Friend lift ticket "discounts" which used to offer a nice savings. Now, 1 day was going for $242 ($33 0ff the $275 window price). They opted for a 3 day ticket which was over $800 each with taxes/fees, almost as much as I paid for a full Epic pass.

With Wall Street focusing on Epic Pass sales, they are really punishing those who don’t plan ahead.

Life is like that most of the time.
I was helping a friends with some work around their house. Went to KFC for lunch. Got a bucket of 10 pc chicken for $8. A n18 yrs old kid came in and ordered a 2 pc meal with some other extras. His order came to $16. :huh:

Life is better/easier with the right choices.

SkiSchoolPros

Impact Ecosystem- ie.Money with Meaning
Skier
I was even more surprised yesterday when I saw what the Ritz Carlton was asking for chips and guacamole at their outdoor grill slopeside in Bachelor Gultch. Care to guess?

$26

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was even more surprised yesterday when I saw what the Ritz Carlton was asking for chips and guacamole at their outdoor grill slopeside in Bachelor Gultch. Care to guess?

$26
I said $25. Guess I'm not greedy enough.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hey local hills in the Seattle area have a daily ticket price that is over $200 with tax, friends and family discount get it down to $185 ... Resorts really want you to buy a season pass or an Epic or an Ikon. We blew through our 5 day Edge cards at Whistler this past week and those worked out to about $60/day vs. $220/day, not a bad deal. Still for the entire family it adds up when you consider the fact that we also have Ikon passes and a season pass at our local hill, that said without these passes we would be paying thousands more to ski this year, so not buying them was not an option for us.

MarkJ

Booting up
Skier
Banff - super reasonable, there for a week and have 2 hotel rooms in the heart of Banff for less than $300/night combined. April is a super bargain
Going there next April.

Then again we save a lot of money on flights as I secured all our tickets with points
Yep, I am always flying with points whenever possible.
Always trying to find out ways to cut the travel costs.

I'll give up skiing when they pry it out of my cold dead hands.
My cold dead broke hands.
But I will have lived, and lived well.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Going there next April.

Yep, I am always flying with points whenever possible.
Always trying to find out ways to cut the travel costs.

I'll give up skiing when they pry it out of my cold dead hands.
My cold dead broke hands.
But I will have lived, and lived well.
Cool sounds like we may be in Banff at the same time :)

MikeHunt

Getting on the lift
Skier
Been a year since this post and a year of more CPI inflation. Has it made a dent in the skiing numbers?

Sponsor

Staff online