• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Professional Golf Injuries take a toll on Tiger

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
He's probably looking at an Alex Smith-like recovery period.
Golf insiders say he's a very different man now than during most of his Tour years - much more happy, open and friendly now.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Golf insiders say he's a very different man now than during most of his Tour years - much more happy, open and friendly now.

Sounds like a good thing as he'd always struck me a bit as someone money and phenomenal success hadn't really brought great happiness to. And gives him a chance to put this in the "things could be far worse" column rather than "this has stopped me achieving destiny".

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Given the extent of his injuries he will have difficulty walking a course for a long time.
I believe they let them use carts on the seniors/Champions tour. Tiger's only five years from qualifying for that.

Reaching back into my memory from my first year of law school, there is actually a SCOTUS case on this exact topic, PGA Tour, Inc. v. Martin. If Tiger were to end up with an ADA-covered disability due to the crash the PGA would be required to allow him accommodations, including using a cart.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
When they reported today that Tiger now has an IM rod down his tibia and screws in his ankles, I feel his pain. Literally. I still have the rod in my leg and I know how long it took me to get back to doing physical sports (over 2 years) and I'm still dealing with complications. It sounds like Tiger's injuries are most likely far worse than what I sustained. So I think the world is holding its collective breath regarding Tiger's potential return to golf. I just want him to be able to play for fun with his son again. Losing that ability would be devastating.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I believe they let them use carts on the seniors/Champions tour. Tiger's only five years from qualifying for that.

I haven't seen a national broadcast network televised senior tour event since ... forever.. Tiger could change that in a few years if he competes there in any condition..

He's probably looking at an Alex Smith-like recovery period.

I was super relieved to hear he wasn't under the influence of... anything. The fact he had another round of recent back surgery had me worried he was in a slippery place with the pain meds. Let's hope he stays on that wagon :cool:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Late..but I finally found that article with the Tiger reference...it was Lou Holtz..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does he do it? -1 through 7, could easily be in the lead at -2 other than the lip out.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Never count him out but I have to believe the younger guys are good too and in better shape. Sunday obviously will tell the tale..

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
He's doing incredibly well now, but I have to wonder how the fatigue will set in as the Masters goes on 4 days.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I hope he's either way ahead or pretty much out of it when he makes the turn on Sunday. I really want to see him win easily or just post a respectable score.. Don't want to see him in the lead only to fall apart due to the extra fatigue caused by the bum leg.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
You're already assuming he'll make the cut. Not totally insane at this point (-1 after 17 holes).

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
He looked beyond focused warming up this morning. I wondered if he was in pain.

I’m not even that into golf, but to stand 15 feet away from him sinking a long birdie put is almost scary he is so stoic.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Seems his latest ex has things she is (un)gagging to say about him. Doubt it will be an edifying story if the NDAs don't hold.

Sponsor