• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific Innovative coach seating for airlines?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It doesn't seem like it's about making it more cramped but about extending leg room for "bottoms". Which I assume airlines would then price at a premium compared to "tops". Installing a bulkhead effectively every 2 rows makes me think this would be a no-go for FAA type rules and for smart configuration which most modern passenger jets seem to be set up for.

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Good luck getting off this plane in an emergency. Not going to happen. I guess they would need to have some 'standard' seats that are handicap accessible as well.

How does in flight service work with these? Or are they getting rid of that too?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Eh... there have been other suggested seating changes to pack more people in. I've seen a few, but usually access, safety, or PR have served to kill them. I'm guessing this will be the same. One I recall is way back in 2012, Ryan air got as far as going for flight testing for "standing" seats for short flights (they run a lot of under 1 hr flights in Europe). But safety issues and lack of seatbelts killed it.

1655394479446.png

James

Out There
Instructor
Wonder if Boeing has anything like this at their museum at the factory in Everett. They used to have mock up interiors with timed seatings for people to evaluate. You go in, take a seat and then they ask questions. When I was there ten years ago you had a little box to answer on. At that time they were testing lighting colors.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Good luck getting off this plane in an emergency. Not going to happen. I guess they would need to have some 'standard' seats that are handicap accessible as well.

How does in flight service work with these? Or are they getting rid of that too?
Window side upper level needs to use the bathroom twice an hour for the duration.. FUN!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We flew Delta from Boston to Dominicana. I was comfortable for the full 4 hours.

Sponsor

Staff online